Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It was 1970 or 80 SOMETHING!!

These are all pictures of me from the 70's or 80's..I remember something from everyone of these photo's and I was looking through them and I thought to my self. "The day I got this picture taken...this happened or that happened so I wanted to share a few with you!!"
I don't remember anything from this day but I had to show you how cute I was!!
This is my kindergarten picture.. I remember this outfit like it was yesterday. It had cute peach pants that matched and a picture of an ugly doll on the back. I remember having to take a spare outfit to keep in my cubby for kindergarten (in case you had an accident). So I remember getting the picture above taken and then we went to recess and I peed my pants, I didn't want any one to know I peed my pants so I sat down in a huge puddle under the swings and pretended I fell in it. It was an eventful day because I got to change into my "spare" outfit!!
*side note.. are my bangs a little crooked?? WOW!

The day this picture was taken my Mom was out of town or had to be to work early or something and she could not do my hair for picture day.. TRAGIC IN the life of a 9 year old. So my sister Jill did my hair and I hated it.. My hair looked just like Jill's did every day and for some reason I hated it.. I hated these pictures and was quite certain my Mom would also.. My Mom got a huge 8 X 10 and put it in an ugly gold frame and there sat this picture for years...



I was not planning on getting my picture done this day. I was shopping with my Mom in Logan mall and we just swung by this place and got my pictures taken. I was in 8th grade and I remember the guy taking my pictures said to me.. "You have a string on your boob"... and I looked down and I had a grey string from somewhere and I was HORRIFIED that I had to pick it off in front of that man...
I feel like this picture should be on one of those... "what were you thinking emails".. YUCK!



This was my junior year in high school. This army green shirt had mc hammer like army green pants that went with it and I would wear white socks pushed down with army green tennis shoes.. It was horrific!!! I aqua netted my hair threw this out fit on and went to school. This guy that was a year older than me said to me.. "You look like the green hornet!!" and then I went and got my pictures taken..
and please remember.... DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE!

3 comments:

Sammy said...

You are so damn cute!! I bet you were a bit sassy as well lol

Anonymous said...

You are the typical 70's child. Loved this post great job!

Melz Spot said...

Oh Debbie, how cute you are! And always have been. You know what's funny....because you & Sid were friends, I actually remember every single one of those outfits-with the exception of the peed-in-peach-pantsuit! And to answer Sam's question....YES SHE WAS SASSY!! That's why we always loved her! Now, go post a photo of the year you dressed up like a cave-woman! Now, that's a picture he'll LOVE! hee hee