Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tip Tuesday!

When it comes to furniture everyone that is about to buy a piece of furniture should ask Sam and I what NOT to do.
For example the beautiful table we bought last Spring. We love the looks of it but the chairs cost us a small fortune and they are entirely to heavy, and there is a decroative etched edge around the table that catches every crum, water and anything you have on it. This table has brought me more anxiety than any other piece of furniture I have in the house (well almost) I am so worried about it getting scratched or dinged because of the amount we paid for it I have not enjoyed it at all. So for a formal dinig room this table would have been PERFECT but to use in a breakfast nook like we do, IT WAS NOT THE BEST CHOICE!

Okay now on to my second furniture mistake. In our family room (the one we use ALL THE TIME), I wanted a kind of african feel so we also spent entirely to much money on this sofa and I simply HATE IT. If you are as anal as I am DO NOT buy a couch that has throw pillows as back rests. I feel like all I do is arange these pillows every day, all day, all night, all week, all month. I am arranging pillows.
So my tip for you this Tuesday is when buying furniture don't buy it because you love it. Make sure it works for where it is going.
Now I must go and arrange pillows and make sure noone is eating on my table.

1 comment:

Nichole M. said...

Love your sense of humor! Might I add something? When you have a 70 pound Boxer puppy - do NOT buy leather furniture. Ours went from fabulous to garage sale giveaway in less than 3 months. Good thing he's cute!!