Thursday, October 30, 2008
You have been an UNBELIEVABLE month. I will never forget you! I became a wife. My kids got the best step dad on Earth, they love him and he truly loves them. I married my dream man. I met my in laws. I went to Kentucky and Indiana for the first time. I moved from my life long valley to our new home. I have packed and unpacked an entire house (well two entire houses). My gall bladder has kicked my ASS! Your weather was PERFECT for our move. You have been a month of a lifetime and I will never forget you. Until 2009!!!
I am truly okay. I love our new house and I will adjust to Kaysville. I would follow you to Texas (that is the worst place I could think of to live, not a fan of Texas) to be with you and I know we made the right decision. Moves are stressful and I am okay. Thank you for everything you have done for me and my children. I could not be more excited about my life. I am NOT depressed just learning about my new life. I have you and all my kids under the same roof in a house with a ton of love in it. I WILL BE OKAY!!! It is just going to take some time. In the meanwhile love me, have sex with me, let me have my moments, and don't answer your phone during dinner and we will be fine!
I love you,
Dear Cassid, Taylor and Brock:
Hang in there. Give me a month. I know this has been hard on you. You have been troopers every single one of you. I am sure once we are settled and you go to school you will make friends and be ready to move on. I love each of you and I am VERY proud of you and how you have handled this move. You guys are all so friendly and have such fun personality you will have tons of friends in no time. Hang in there.
I love you,
Dear Cache Valley;
You were good to me. I have more memories from you then any other place on Earth. I will miss you. I will be back to work and each time I come around that bend and see you It will make me smile. You hold my friends, my family and my heart. I will come back often to PARTAY. Thank you for the past 38 years it was "a HELL OF A RIDE"!
I will miss you,
Please be good to me.
BRING IT!!! I am ready.
1 med. pumpkin
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable Oil
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (I use fresh)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
2 lbs ground beef
1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts.
Cut top off pumpkin and clean pumpkin (no crap)
Preheat oven to 350 F
Saute onions in veggie oil for a few minutes add meat and brown. Drain fat from skillet, add soy sauce, mushrooms, brown sugar and soup. Simmer 10 minutes, stir occasionally. Add cooked rice and water chestnuts.
Spoon entire mixture into pumpkin, replace pumpkin top and put entire pumpkin on baking sheet and bake 1 hour or until inside meat of the pumpkin is tender.
You can eat the pumpkin with brown sugar and butter. Way yummy...
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Reasons of Roughness.
- I feel a HUGE responsibility to my kids to "entertain" them and make sure they are ok. Not having any friends down here is hard on them. As soon as the truck was unpacked some tears from the girls. I think the Saturday night and we don't know a damn person reality sunk in.
- We obviously live in a VERY mormon neighborhood. Don't get me wrong.. Very very nice people but I hope they do not "judge" us to quickly. We only kill chickens every other full moon. *wink
- Sam and I don't have any friends. We left our friends in Logan. I have been saying to the kids.. GO MEET SOME FRIENDS. So they say to us.. YOU GUYS NEED TO MEET FRIENDS!!
- I don't know my way around. I don't know how to get ANYWHERE!!! *ring ring... Hey Sam.. I am LOST!!
- I do not handle messes very well AT ALL. I like a clean house.. NO.. I LOVE A CLEAN HOUSE. Yes border line weird about it. Moving does NOT = clean house.. We are getting there.
- I am a little lonely. Sam is my best friend and I would follow him to Africa... but I love my girlfriends and I miss them.
So that is what we have been going threw the last week. I LOVE my new house. LOVE IT.. I love finally living with my husband and I am sure we will all settle in NICELY. Give us a month and we will say.. Logan??? Where is Logan?
Kids are going on a church activity tonight. Josh is going swing dancing (western swing) and we are having chicken and dumplins for dinner. life is very domestic right now.. lol...
Does Kaysville have a bar???? NO... they don't.
Monday, October 27, 2008
HOLY CRAP we made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you too all of our friends that helped load and unload us. For weeks we have been packing and moving, packing and moving both homes and finally..... Saturday morning at 9 we picked up the truck, had Shane, Cordell, Jerry and Bart come over and we had the truck loaded by 11:30..... headed south, ate lunch in Brigham, got to Kaysville at 1:30 and Shon, Earl, Zack and Josh helped unload. I got the Uhaul back to the dealer at 4:30. Wow what a ride. By 7 we had the beds put together and the washer and dryer working with laundry.
I forget what a joy it is riding in a beautiful, well cared for Uhaul on Utah roads. Tay and I had our bird Peaches between us on that 60 mile journey. Now we both need to see the chiropractor to get our backs readjusted, the dentist to refill our fillings that fell out and hearing aids installed because we cant hear anymore. My good lord certainly they can build those damn things better than that cant they????????
Debbie and I did NOT kill each other during this incredibly stressful move..... although I think I saw her talk through her teeth a few times. After a few tears were shed with the girls and boxes started to get unpacked the house started to come to life on Sunday. Taylor wins the "unpack your room the fastest" award. She had her room finished and unpacked in about 2 hours. Debbie wins "the most unpacked boxes" award. She had the kitchen unpacked, pictures hung, clock hung, dining room looking fantastic, bedroom put together, about 15 loads of laundry all by Sunday afternoon. We then sat down to watch a movie and complained that she should be working and that the house wasnt unpacked yet. haha... thats my girl but as her kids say.... Debbie needs to chillax a bit.... it will come together.
I love my new family and Josh is happy to finally have a family terrorizing him as well... haha... its awesome to be me..... Sam is a lucky man!
Ok more to come.... sorry for the delay in posting...as you can see we have been busy.
Friday, October 24, 2008
WOW what a ride. We have been working so hard to get 3 houses condensed to one in the last 2 weeks. We are all burned out, crabby and just ready for all of this to be over. They say that moving is one of the hardest things on a relationship. Yes its hard but we havnt killed each other yet and we are nearly done moving our two households.
Debbie has been a trooper. She has been fighting with her gall bladder issues and sick a lot of the time and yet still packs and works hard. As you can see by one of the pictures...... all of us are eating a half a cow worth of meat on the counter and poor Debbie is eating a salad because her stomach cant handle it..... what a gal. Last night she had some serious stomach issues so she took her meds and packed up the whole kitchen anyway.
Yes we are ALL sick of this and even the kids have stress on their faces. We are almost there guys hang in there with us.
Today we get a truck and move the remaining furniture Saturday. Saturday night we all sleep in our new home and Debbie and I can finally sleep in Sunday for a few hours for the first time in weeks..... I bet you cant guess what we will be doing... ;)
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Ya really don't think this would be such a big deal. BUT... ITS A BIG DEAL.. WOW.
things you have to change;
- drivers license
- social security card
- frequent flyer miles
- kids school
- name plate at work
- bank accounts
- health insurance
- life insurance
- dental insurance
- did i mention EMAIL addresses.
- Computer logon's.
I said to Sam maybe he should become an Averett or a Dahle or maybe we could merge the two names together. Sam and Debbie Cahle or Sam and Debbie Camrett or Sam and Debbie Dabell.
I am about 1/4 of the way done..
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
After the wedding was over, Debbie was talking to her mom on the phone and she said welcome to the family Sam..... brought tears to my eyes. So many golden moments packed into 4 days and super memories.
One quick story........ on the way to Kentucky we had 2 hours to kill in Chicago around noon. Debbie and I needed lunch and a drink (or 3). So we had a sandwich, a bloody mary, $10 each SOCO 7's and then when we boarded the plane we decided to top it off with a beer. We were FAR from buzzed and just feeling relaxed but when my parents picked us up they could smell the alcohol... haha... my dad told my mom "they really know how to travel to Kentucky" or something along those lines. Debbie was a little embarrassed... haha... I am sure mom and dad thought that she had corrupted their son... I am so sweet and innocent. I am kidding of course...... they didnt care if we had a drink and thought it was humorous.
Oh what the hell..... ONE MORE STORY before I post this..........
So when we went to Brown County Indiana on Saturday and went shopping in this cute little town we had some issues.... or should I say I had some issues. For some reason, Debbie was eye candy for EVERYONE walking with in 20 yards of us. Debbie kept asking if something was wrong with her, checking her zipper, making sure the girls were not sticking out..... So this town was packed with wall to wall people in a 10 block area with standing room only in every store. Now I am used to people looking at Debbie..... what can I say... she is beautiful.... but dear God.... I think this town is used to seeing their back woods girls or something and when my tall, big boobed, big green eyed beautiful blond wife came walking through town life actually stopped for a moment as she passed by. 2 african american men nearly rear ended a car as they were driving trying to get a look, men and women stopping watching as we walked by. NO I AM NOT exaggerating and it was very uncomfortable for both of us and we were ready to leave town after a couple of hours. Debbie is going to kill me for telling this story...... haha. I told her she can not wear that shirt anymore!!!!!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
I have a ton to say about our wedding but I don’t quite know where to begin. There were so many “GOLDEN MEMORIES” that will forever be in my mind. Sam and I were laying in bed talking about the “events” of the weekend and here are some of the memories we brought up that were timeless to us.
- The obvious… LOOKING INTO EACH OTHER EYES AND SAYING OUR VOWS.
- When we were getting ready for the wedding and I was putting my dress on and Sam was helping me (I know we did NOT go by the ole’ saying of..DON’T SEE THE DRESS OR BRIDE BEFORE THE WEDDING) put my dress on or should I say TAPE my dress on. It was just priceless.
Earlier in the day we all sat on Sam’s parents back patio and we were talking, laughing and visiting (Sam has pictures of this). I don’t know why this touched my heart so much but it was just a very “family” moment.
- When we left to go to Kentucky I hugged my kids to leave and started CRYING. I mean CRYING. Poor Sam said he felt like he was dragging his “arranged marriage wife” into the back woods of Kentucky to get married. We got in the front seat of the car and Sam looked at me and took my face in his hands and kissed me and was so tender with me I will never forget it. I was NOT sad to go get married I was overwhelmed and wishing we would have taken the kids and my mom. Sam’s parents and family greeted me with open arms and I felt so loved, but I did miss my mom.
- After the wedding I called my mom and Sam and I were in a room alone and I got big tears in my eyes. We were sitting on the edge of the couch and I looked at Sam and he had big tears in his eyes. It was just a very simple moment.
- The fact that Sam’s dad married us.
- Coye Ann (Sam’s sister) sang to us. Wow that girl can sing.
- Sam’s entire family told us that we were like a couple of twenty year olds. Anyone that has been around Sam and I know we have a hell of a time keeping our hands off each other. We kissed and kissed and kissed. My response to the twenty year old comment… I WAITED 40 YEARS FOR SAM SO WE HAVE A HELL OF A LOT OF KISSING TO DO TO MAKE UP FOR THAT TIME!!!
- Coye Ann and I went to get my hair done and it was fun when we left. I put my arms around her and said. I GET TO GO MARRY YOUR BROTHER. She got great big tears in her eyes and we walked out the door. (Sam said the entire time I was gone he was home Pacing.. he said it was very weird)
There is so much more I want to say but I will over the next few months. Sam and I will be going on our HONEYMOON in February. I will post a video of our marriage as soon as I have time to do it..
Thank you to Sam and his family for the most meaningful weekend of my life. I will blog about the "mormon hayseed from Idaho" later. I am truly a novelty to his family. What did Sam bring home.. lol...
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
3 more hours............
we will post pics on our blog before we come back from Kentucky
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
What is it about shoes that makes girls so happy? lol We went to the factory last night for dinner with the kids and having good conversation at the end of a Monday. We were all smiling and goofing off a bit... and then.... someone mentioned shoes..... holy cow.... next thing we knew Debbie was $100 dollars poorer and the kids disappeared haha but goodness look at their faces.
So really...... what is it about shoes?
Monday, October 6, 2008
I was going to just comment to Debbies blog below but after a blog like that it warrants much more detail than just a comment.
This is obviously mushy stuff so bear with us today.
On 10-10-08 I will marry the woman of my dreams. I took the above picture on our very first date up at Cub River. This was also the spot of our first kiss (hence the poem) and was also the perfect spot that I chose to ask her to marry me. (she said YES!!)
Since the first week of our dating there has been no question in my mind where I was going with this relationship. Debbie is the most amazing woman. She is the best mother to her kids, loves them to death, spoils them rotten and keeps them on the straight and narrow at the same time. I am so proud of her and her kids. They have all let me and my kids into their lives with open arms. I love them all so much.
Debbie is my best friend... we can talk about anything and everything for hours. We go shopping, bike riding, bar hopping, family time, movies, walking, weekends together because we want to and choose to. (although Debbie is trying to get out of the haunted house deal).
Debbie is the most amazing lover (sorry mom's) (sorry guys, hearts are breaking all over Logan and beyond... I know.. I have seen the texts and emails lol)
Debbie is the most amazing person. So light hearted and accepting of others, loving and kind and is the kind of person that always seems to walk away from people leaving them with more than they had before. She carries a presence in a room and captures the attention of many with beauty, charisma and humility.
I am so ready to marry my bride Debbie and incredibly excited to move into our new home with our kids and start our lives together with nothing but blue sky. After our first date I sent my parents an email that said "I went on a date with the most beautiful woman in the world today" and now, a number of months later, we are flying to Kentucky to have Dad marry us in their home. How fitting and how fun! I love you Debbie... 5 more days!!!!
- This week I get to meet the people that raised this amazing man I will soon call my husband.
- This week my kids get 3 step siblings and I get 3 step kids. If asked who's are mine and who's are Sam's. The answer is.. HOW DO WE TELL? There are NO blood lines in our family. So Josh, Sarah, Jordan, Cassidi, Taylor, Brock, Peaches, and Oreo.. Lets play house.. WOW!
- (okay this is sappy, but the truth) This week, Sam and I will, stand hand and hand and look at each other and make vows to each other that we ACTUALLY mean. We are in this for better or worse. I am marrying my very best friends, lover, and air hockey partner!
- This week.. I GET TO PUT A RING ON SAM'S FINGER.
- This week.. I get to start the rest of my life.
- This week.. We BOTH get to forget our pasts and just work on our future!
I have NO QUESTION!! NONE. Sam is a god send to me and my kids. He has done so much for us already. He has bought us a home in a town MY KIDS wanted to live in. He has tolerated my knob picking, paint picking, carpet picking, and complaining about the weeds in the yard. He is truly the gentlest man I have ever met and can calm me with a touch of his hand. He is the WORLDS BEST KISSER and a GREAT softball player but he sucks at air hockey! He is patient, kind, and appreciates everything I do for him.
Sam and I made this decision TOGETHER. Sam definitely wears the pants in the family and has a firmness to him that I sure don't want to mess with (ask the people that work with him), however Sam always considers EVERYONE's feelings from mine to Brocks.. So lets do this.. Lets scamper down that isle and become husband and wife and get our families joined...
Friday, October 3, 2008
We are finally going to paint some rooms this weekend in our new home!!! The time draws near to move in and we are crunch time now. Debbie and I are in a panic... lol. I am getting supplies today, Debbie has a color plan and we are getting after it. Turn on some tunes, crank up the volume, open a beer and get a smile on cuz we are moving in.
I cant wait!!!!!
BTW.... Countdown is now 7 days until we are wed!!!!!!!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Peaches likes Brock a little and in all honesty Peaches did warm up to me also. We are all so excited!!! You would think we just got a new pet... Oh wait.. WE DID!!!!
P.S.... 9 days till we get married.