Thursday, August 11, 2011

On the way home from California

After the wedding and of course, the reception party, we trekked back home. There are so many things I love about Debbie and one of them is she is adventurous. The night before we left to head back she wanted to go see Lake Tahoe since we were so close.... so we did.... and had a blast for a few hours. Truly a beautiful place and HUGE lake. I had no idea. So we get to town and see a mini-golf place and stopped so I could kick their butts. After that we took in lunch by the lake and hung out by the dock and skipped rocks for a while. What a great place and great day.








So about in the middle of NOWHERE... I mean smack dab in the middle of Nevada on the way to the wedding we caught sight of this strange building and I said "what the hell was that????" and I quick and looked at the exit in case we wanted to see it on our way back. Well we did and we were.....surprised??? hmmm strangely haunted by being here?? We were all alone off the freeway about a half mile on a dirt road. Have you ever seen anything like it? Its actually a historic site but also says "enter at your own risk". It reminded me of several horror or slash movies.. you know... innocent tourists are suddenly ransacked after pulling over for a rest. Anyway... here is the link if you want to read more about it. Just click the words below -


No comments: