Sunday, January 8, 2012

Home Base!

You know when you have a really really bad day, week, month... etc.. and you just want that place to land. That place you know your loved, that you know they will take care of you??? I know that place and it's usually where my Mom is.

To say the LEAST this week has been rough and to make it rougher my Mom and Nolan have moved to Vegas for the Winter, and my Dad and Judy have gone to Lake Mead for the winter. So I don't even have a place to run. I have Sam and I have my kids and I have my home but sometimes you just need your Mom!!!

so I was given some motherly advice and boy does the shoe fit this week... My Mom is still my home base.

BE HOME BASE!
You are home to them. When they learn to walk, they wobble a few feet away from you and then come back, then wobble away a little farther and then come back. When they try something new, they will look for your proud smile. When they learn to read, they will repeat the same book to you twenty times in a row, because you're the only one who will listen that many times. When they play sports, they will search for our face in the stands. When they are sick, they will call you. When they REALLY mess up, they will call you. When they are grown and strong and tough and big and they feel like crying, they will come to you; When their hair is turning grey and they miss their Mom, they will think of you!

so here is to your home base!

No comments: