Friday, June 5, 2009

Muy Bien!!

Today is Cassidi's first day of summer. Brock has half a day today but Cassidi is OFFICIALLY DONE!
I am starting my new job on Monday (will blog later about that) so this mornings conversation went kinda like this:

Me: "Do you want me to make you breakfast?"
Cassidi: "YES!!" *big grin
Me: "Okay we are having Mexican breakfast on tortillas."
Cassidi: "Where do you learn how to make this stuff?"
Me: "I don't know!"
Cassidi: Comes sit at the bar and is watching me and looks at me and says... "OH, I don't want you to go to work!!"
Mom:... *heart melted.

even at 17 years old she still likes to have her mamma home.. I loved that.

anyhow... I love these tortilla's. Jessica a friend of mine told me about them and I could not find them and could not find them and was so darn excited when I finally found them. You find them in the refrigeration section at your grocery store. At Wal-Mart they have them by their Mexican cheeses and stuff... THEY ARE SO SO GOOD. They puff up and are way fresh and good. You just heat up a pan and cook the for about 20 seconds on each side.. I WILL NOT EVER GO BACK TO THE PRE MADE KIND!!!
DISCLAIMER.. When you cook the tortillas on your pan make sure you let the pan cool before you put the pan in your sink with items like knives, cutting board (or anything that will melt)..
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS...
WE CANNOT GET THIS KNIFE OFF.. THE HANDLE IS MELTED TO THE PAN... Cassidi was able to get the cutting board off the bottom of the pan... COME ON DEB... I KNOW BETTER THAN THIS.. WOW.. HOPE SAM CAN WHEN HE GETS HOME!!!

2 comments:

Sammy said...

haha Debbieisms you crack me up girl.... I love you... even though you ruin knives and cutting boards. lol you even saved me a sample for lunch... it was yummy!!!!

Wendy said...

bought the tortillas LOVED them. Thank you!