Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Before they hired me for my current job I had to do a sales assessment test. If I didn't pass I would not have gotten hired, so I knew I passed. After I was hired everyone in sales team that already worked here had to take the same test. WELL WELL WELL we got our results back today and its kinda an emotional roller coaster.. here is what mine "sums" me up as..

I THINK IT IS PRETTY SPOT ON... kinda scary!!

Words in black are word for word of sales assessment... (there are many many more pages I will post some here and there) Word in red... my two cents!!

Debbie becomes highly excited about selling something that she really likes. Being optimistic and enthusiastic, she is good at generating enthusiasm in others. Sometimes her enthusiasm is what sells her products or services, but sometimes other buyers may be offended. She has a tendency to use her fluent verbal skills (have they heard me talk, I am from Idaho and a little rednecky??)to paint detailed and vivid "word pictures" for her customers. She consistently meets the challenge of persuading peoples to her point of view. (This statement right here has gotten me and my friends in many many many bad situations... just like me to say.. "I think it is a great idea... and i convince everyone its a great idea and than..... look out.)

Some buyers may desire less talk and more facts. Socially and verbally aggressive, she loves to meet strangers and begin conversations. This is a great attribute when new territory is opened, or new accounts are dictated by business conditions. She prefers to sell a new client on HERSELF first rather than her product or service. This reflects her natural approach. When she buys, she also prefers to be sold in this manner (this is so so so true, I hate pushy sales people, I love a soft sell) . She maintains a very high trust level; that is, she trusts that people will make good on their promises. (Oh boy do I, I am WAY WAY WAY to trusting with people and get confused when people aren't as trusting as me)

Debbie experiences difficutly in telling a prospect that she doesn't have the answer to the prospect's objections. Her natural sales style attempts to answer the objections even if she lacks the proper data to do so.. (*laughing at this.. so true)She would rather take the risk than admit failure. She welcomes the objections that prospects raise. This provides an opportunity to meet a challenge and share more of her knowledge. She has probably been know to answer objections even if she has never heard the objection before. (I disagree with this, I can admit failure and I dare say.. I don't know) She will rely on her quick thinking and verbal skills to meet the challenge. She succeeds in projecting self-confidence in her sales presentations. This self-confidence evolves from her belief in herself and her products or services. Debbie may be rather careless in her sales preparation. She truly believes she can walk and talk her way through any presentattion at anytime, anyplace. (bull..bull..bull.. I over prepare...to the ninth degree) She frequently uses emotion and active body language in her sales presentation. (and everything else I do.. I use body language all the time)

Debbie can be seen as a good closer. However, she may postpone the close until giving the complete sales pitch. She should guard against excessive talking (this is me, I excessively like to talk) and close at the appropriate time. Debbie can be guilty of over servicing the accounts she feels are "personal friends". To her, friendship is important and she may overlook certain requests to maintain the friendship. Debbie may promise more than she can deliver to close a sale. However, Debbie DOES USUALLY deliver what she says she will, but she has difficulty finding the time to provide what she promises. Her optimism makes her believe she can deliver. She would rather make a social visit instead of a service visit. The social visit meets her need to be friendly and outgoing, while the service visit requires special effort if customers don't buy more products or service..

It's been a soul searching day reading this.. I will post more on different days.


No comments: