Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We need to get in Harmony ole' pond!!!

Dear Fish Pond:
I think you and I need to come to some kind of understanding. Don't you? I don't know why I am having so much trouble, with you, when I am truly trying to make you healthy and happy. Maybe this will help you understand!

When we moved in this house one of my favorite things about the house was the fact that YOU were here. I loved the fish (notice past tense) that swam in your crystal clear water, the fountain that made the soothing sound of running water and all the beautiful plants around you. I was THRILLED when the previous owner told us that the fish has been alive for 9 years and that you were little to NO maintenance.

NOW I AM ASKING YOU.. WHAT THE HELL HAS CHANGED?????? SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE HELL HAS CHANGED?

I understand that winter was rough on you but I was so happy when all 3, 9 year old, fish had made it through the winter and looked some what healthy. Now, this seems to be where the problem started. Sam and I drained you, cleaned you, and slowly replaced your water. The beautiful Spring weather was just what you needed to get that crystal clear water and healthy again... WRONG... Within a week all three, 9 year old, fish.... DEAD... DEAD.... DEAD.. I thought it was because of an anti fungus treatment I had put in you and chalked it up as that.

Now, I know you can remember the next few weeks. I ran the fountain.. OFTEN, I slowly replaced some of your water, I cleaned the debris from the tree's out of you EVERY SINGLE DAY. I made Sam replace the filter on the fountain. I was excited to get more fish in you and excited to see you grow and prosper. ATLAS the day came that Cassidi brought you home 10 beautiful baby gold fish. I imagined these gold fish splashing around in your rock hidden corners, growing old, having grand children and making a wonderful life in your crystal waters. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! DEAD...DEAD...DEAD... Can you help me dear ole' pond.. Let me know what you NEED and desire from me....

Signed,
FRICKEN FRUSTRATED...

3 comments:

Sammy said...

haha....you crack me up.

Anonymous said...

pretty clever!!!

Anonymous said...

Just take the baby fish out, stab them repeatedly with a toothpick and just get it over with! :) What the heck could it be? I have a friend that has a pond like that (or did -- maybe he killed his off, too)...I'll send him over to read your blog and see if he has any suggestions.