Thursday, April 21, 2011

Surreal...

In Jcpenny and over the loud speaker you hear. There is a severe thunderstorm outside right now, you can get a flashlight at the front counter in case we lose poser.

(thought to self) "Wow it must be bad"

my phone is going off like CRAZY in my bag.

(thought to self) "let me just buy these few things I have for Sam and I will get my phone, where am I going to go if it is raining like crazy and SEVERE thunder storm"

Phone still going off like crazy. It's my sister Michelle.

(Michelle) "I just heard from Mike (our brother). His cancer has won they give him less than thirty days if his calcium does not drop, and zero - six months if it does. It's spreading fast and they are not giving him any more chemo. They are getting hospice in to start working with him to die."

(thought to self) I can hear the hail hitting the roof now and the lights just went out in JcPenny and I can't see a foot in front of me, my brother is dying and I just bought $86 worth of stuff for Sam and I have no idea what I got him.

Looking out the front window of JcPenny I start running to my car as tree's are getting knocked down, my ear is full of water, and I am in heals and trying not to cry because I just got the news I knew was coming any second.

(thought to self) What do I do? Do I go to Preston, Do I sit here and cry, or do I try to get the hell out of the storm that is hitting Layton like the plague.

Tears start falling down my face, like gracefully falling, not like the ugly cry I usually cry, just pouring off my chin. A piece of cardboard from the storm of the century is stuck on my windshield so I am trying to get it off.

on the radio...
"Now I’m feelin so fly like a G6, like a G6"

Call my Mom. Trying to drive in this storm from hell, process everything and avoid tree branches that are falling down.
say to my Mom crying "I am just so sad, Mom, I have to get home, I will call ya later."

Have an overwhelming feeling I HAVE to talk to Mike right this second, I mean not in 10 minutes when I get home but right this second. Call him... no answer. Sitting on the freeway between Layton and home because there is a traffic jam from this storm. It's hailing again now. BAD!

radio:
"Poppin bottles in the ice, like a blizzard
When we drink we do it right gettin slizzard
Sippin sizzurp in my ride, like Three 6
Now I’m feelin so fly like a G6
Like a G6, Like a G6
Now I’m feelin so fly like a G6"


Get home, let the dogs outside and our shed door is on the patio, shed is blowing over, neighbor ladies garbage cans have blown all over, go try to help her get the garbage cans in. Still gracefully crying tears off my chin.

from her daughters car I can hear. "Like a G6, like a G6."

Today is a shitty day!

1 comment:

Mrs. Lawley said...

Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I remember talking about him with you years ago. I'm so glad you've had those years with him. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Shelley Lawley