Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Five Days.

Ya know when you go on a "family" trip and you think. "This is going to be great to see everyone, and get to meet some of Sam's cousins, see family we hadn't seen in almost 3 years, and just enjoy some quality family time". Well that is kinda what I thought about this Louisville, Kentucky trip. I knew it would be great to see everyone and etc. etc. etc.. but I had NO idea how much fun we were going to have. We had a RIOT. Brock was charming, and so fun to have on this trip with us. We might as well taken him half way around the World, He was so excited to see, explore and was A BLAST.
Here is our trip in pictures, minus all the wonderful moments we didn't capture by picture.


This is Sam's sister Coye ann, and his Aunt Shirley (Shirley is married to Norma's brother, David and they live in Louisville). Shirley has always been so good to us. She treats us just like her own and is such a sweet woman. Shirley came to our wedding so I had met her before and I had forgotten how much I love her.

Brock getting ready to head to Louisville. I can not say enough wonderful things about Brock this trip. He was SO MUCH FUN! He brought life to everyone that spent this five days with us. Most of the trip Brock was the youngest by far, but he made the best of it and was spoiled ROTTEN the entire trip.



Brock and Sam at the Louisville slugger museum in the batting cages there.







We went to David and Shirley house on Sunday for a bbq. We got to see a bunch of the cousins from that side, they were so good to us. I ate an ENTIRE pint of Pimento Cheese at their house, and I made Sam go to the grocery store and buy us some Pimento Cheese to bring home with us. I gain 4 pounds on this trip.. Way to go Debbie!!!



I have the best husband on Earth. The more I get to know his family and extended family etc.... I realize how lucky I am. They love me, they treat me like I am their own, and truly have raised such a great man that I am lucky enough to call my husband. Sam and I have so much fun and I LOVE his family!






We went to Mammoth Cave. It's the World's largest cave. We went on a hike that seemed to have steps to the center of the Earth. It was so much fun. Sam's Mom even went with us. on Saturday Brock, Sam and I went into downtown Louisville alone. We had worn out Sam's Mom and Dad the previous 2 days. So we went on a paddle boat ride down the Ohio River.






left is Sam's Uncle David (Sam's Mom's brother) he lives in Louisville, Sam's cousin Gary he lives in New York, and Sam's Dad. Sam had not seen Gary since 1981. It was great to get to know him and spend some time with him.



More Mammoth Cave pictures.



We went to the Louisville Slugger museum. It was very interesting and a fun day!






Sam's Mom, Norma, and Sams cousin Samantha (that lives in Louisville). I had met Samantha, she came to Sam and I's wedding. Brock LOVED the way Samantha talks, she has a HUGE southern belle accent! Sam's Mom again, with Sam's Aunt Norma and Uncle Dickson, they also live in New York. Brock LOVED Dickson, he kept saying that "Dickson is my buddy". This was the first time I met this side of the family. Norma is Coy's Sister. Brock and I filled up water balloons and had everyone come out and play a tossing game with them. I sure if anyone looked out the window they would have thunk we had an old folk home playing a game. As simple as a water balloon game is it is one of my favorite memories of this trip. We all laughed so hard!



more Mammoth Cave pictures. This is Brock and I and Sam's sister Coye ann. Coye Ann spent a lot of time with us this trip and I love being around her. We laughed and cried and got to know each other a lot better. I miss them all and wish we didn't live across the country from one another!



Brock was SO excited to see fireflies. It was so much fun to catch them and every single night we were there I couldn't wait for it to get dusk so I could go watch them. I LOVED those little things. Brock caught them in a jar and we played with them for hours.




Sam's Dad makes and plays Dulcimer. He played it one night and it was so fun to watch.






Sam and I go a LOT of places, and see a lot of things, and have a lot of fun, however this truly was one of my most memorable trips EVER and we had a BLAST. Thank you so much to Mom and Dad Campbell and I can't wait to see you guys again!!! HUGS!

No comments: