Monday, June 27, 2011

Just a Harley???

The guy that bought my brothers Harley just came to pick it up. Well in my head I was thinking "This is just a bike, this is NOT my brother, this is just a bike, this is NOT my brother". When that man started that bike up and I heard that rumble I seriously wanted to chase him down the road. Like a little kid chasing his parents in a car. My heart told me "THIS IS NOT JUST A BIKE". The man that bought it was so nice. He told me he understood and was HONORED to have it and he knew he would always have a guardian angel when he road this bike. So I have had my Meltdown for this week.
We are paking to head to Redfish and I hope all the memories of Mike and I around that lake does not have the same "melt down" effects on me. However, I think that a good melt down is good for me!!! Happy Riding!!! :-)

2 comments:

Nichole M said...

Awww - I had tears in my eyes just reading this!! I had to stay in the house when Johns pickup left (and it went to his brother!!) as I couldn't watch it go. The bike went to a friend, but I was a mess there, too! Starting the Chevelle was extremely emotional...the sound, the smell, and the one person that SHOULD have been there, wasn't :(

So, yes, I feel your pain...hope you're doing better!

Jay said...

I am sorry Deb, hope it starts getting better!