Thursday, May 13, 2010

MacCools... a cool place


Every week Debbie and I go on a date night. We usually go to Logan and have dinner with our good friends up there for a few hours. This week we were invited to attend a Food a Beer pairing dinner with some friends at MacCool's in Layton. I have heard of these types of parties with wine and food but never beer...... so we went. Now this is an Irish Pub so the food is a lot of lamb. Here is a link.
http://www.maccools-utah.com/

All the beer was from Wasatch / Squatters in Park City. Here is their link
http://www.utahbeers.com/
I wish I had the menu with me to give you more detail but the first appetizer beer was a jalapeno cream beer. I know.... sounded sick to us too but DANG it was soooooo good. We went on to have several other micro brews with 3 different salads. What a great combination.
Then to top it off we had a chocolate cake and ice cream dessert with a chocolate beer. Now I am not a chocolate fan but taking a bite of the cake then drinking the beer brought the flavor all together... I was quite amazed.

I had so much fun and ate WAY too much... but fantastic date night!!

No comments: