Monday, September 27, 2010

Ring around Wyoming!!!

Sam and I just spent the last week making a BIG loop around the entire state of Wyoming.
There were parts very pretty, parts VERY ugly, and parts that I never want to go back.. but all in all it was a great trip. I am afraid I am more of a city girl than I want to admit and I don't think I would "thrive" in Wyoming. It surprised me because I am from small town USA but I kinda feel like I am a fish out of water there.

Here are a few highlights of our trip.
  • Mineral pools in Thermopolis
  • Seeing Jordan's apartment.
  • The Big Horn Mountains
  • Dinner at Sanfords.
  • Seeing some of Sam's friends.
  • Going to a U of WY football game.
  • Seeing Sarah's house.
  • Adult slushies.
  • I slept in a car.. (I NEVER DO THIS)
  • Car Bingo..

Here are some of the things I have seen enough of to last for a lifetime..

  • SAGE BRUSH... SAGE BRUSH.. SAGE BRUSH..
  • semi trucks.
  • Antelope.
  • Run down towns.
  • 4-wheel drive trucks.
  • liquor stores (1 on every corner)
  • 2 lane highways that go FOREVER.

any way you get the basic of the trip. Sam worked and we stopped at EVERY single Maverik between here and there and I read (A GREAT BOOK, The Hunger Games).

It was so much fun to see Jordan and Sarah's lives and have that much windshield time with my husband but let me tell you.. WE ARE GLAD TO BE HOME!!!

No comments: