Monday, September 6, 2010

Roses and Sunshine!!!

I am not pompous enough to keep a blog and only write about our most "shining" moments. Sam and I have life pretty darn good but right now things are not all "roses and sunshine".

Without going into great detail or getting into a very very deep blog I am just going to say that every struggle our children go through hurts all of us and it is one of the most gut wrenching things a parent can do is simply have to watch their child go through a terrible time. As a parent, and step parent, you feel helpless, frustrated, angry, concerned, and so many other emotions that you cant seem to wrap your head (or heart) around it. WELL THAT IS ABOUT WHERE SAM AND I ARE AT THE LAST FEW WEEKS. However, the one thing I have realized in this struggle is how proud I am of this step family. I think the first thing that can happen to make a step family fall apart is drawing blood lines.. and there is definitely no blood lines drawn here.. So as you go to bed tonight say a little prayer for the Campbell family and especially Josh.

in other news... I stubbed my toe really really bad and tore off my toenail!

No comments: