Thursday, March 10, 2011

Welcome to Fantasy Island.

and the trip continues. The last leg of our trip was on the Island of Mucura, at a resort call Punta Faro. It an entire different blog to tell you of the adventure of getting there in a boat. We got soaked and let me tell you. If you EVER find yourself going on a small boat for 2.5 hours to an island with 40 of your husbands co workers and on a sheet of paper you read sometime it mentioned "you may want a rain coat for the boat ride", by all means take a rain coat and DON'T wear ALL WHITE WITH NO UNDER GARMENTS!! It is a little too Spring Break 1987!

Sam and I getting ready to ride a boat to PARADISE. Me in my shiny cloroxed white nautical outfit looking all fresh and ready for a beautiful small boat ride. HA HA HA LITTLE DID I KNOW!UMMM, about 4 minutes into the boat ride!! :-) The other thing to remember is we took this boat ride to the island during the day but our return boat ride was at 4 in the morning in a pitch black ocean and 8 foot waves!!! Now that was even more interesting! and OMYGOD, Welcome to every dream you ever have about an Island getaway. I seriously could not quite talk when we stepped off this boat! It is THAT gorgeous! The service in Colombia was the best I have ever had. I did not EVER touch my luggage once it was packed. It was put in our rooms for us, taken out of our room and just magically appeared where ever we were. It was the bomb.

Our first few minutes onto he island. We didn't even get our luggage before everyone hit the beach and had our first happy hour. We were the first Americans to be at this resort. It was AMAZING. there were bells on our cabanas that we rang and they brought us drinks. PARADISE! They have a no key policy at this resort. NO locks on your room doors, loved it. No keys to worry about and we had NO problem at all!A LITTLE MORE PARADISE!
The culture. This island is in the Guiness Book of World Records for the most densely populated island in the World. 1500 people on an acre YES, an acre!!. It is a little hard to look at and a little hard to imagine living like these people but they are happy and they don't know a difference. Most of the people that live on this island work on the surrounding islands at the resorts. It is a lot more bizarre to see it in person. 800 kids live on this island...
The food, MORE SEAFOOD... lol. Some of our group did not like seafood, I have no idea what they ate for 2 weeks! The local village.
My sweet husband. I have to say right now that Sam and I have spent A LOT of time together the last month. On top of this trip remember we did Amtrak through Colorado so in 3 weeks we spent almost every day ALL day together and Not one argument, not one dis agreement. We are the best traveling partners you have ever seen not to mention life partners!
Sam went and toured the island with out me. I don't want to complain because I was in Paradise but I got SICK on this trip, Pneumonia sick. So I was in bed coughing up a toe nail and Sam was off kissing this turtle somewhere.
the rooms!!!
So without going on and on and on about this vacation I will end it here. I seriously could write for weeks about our experiences and the fun stories and the beautiful scenery and the great people but I think you probably get the point. Priceless vacation, priceless people, and priceless memories. Thank you Maverik, what a GREAT experience!

4 comments:

Dan said...

What a trip. Lucky you guys! I would have killed someone if I had spent this much time with them!

Anonymous said...

I would have never believed Colombia. I don't knbow if I would be this brave. Good for you what an adventrue

Kelly said...

It's my favorite couple on another wonderful trip. Glad Debbie came back in one piece. You guys are still my favorite eHarmony couple...EVER!

Anonymous said...

I can't even tell you how jealous I am. LOVE the blog and thanks for sharing your experience!