Tuesday, October 5, 2010

We did.. NOW WHAT???

So this week marks Sam and I's 2 year wedding anniversary. The unofficial end of the "newlywed" era and onto the meat and potatoes era of our relationship.. So we have said our I do's and OKAY??? NOW WHAT?

The other day Sam and I were driving home and I said to Sam. "So we are just an old married couple"!!! I know that sounds a little Mayberry but it's exactly how I feel. We know each other's quirks, we have pressed out the wrinkles in our relationship and it is kinda like wearing an old pair of jeans... VERY COMFORTABLE. and to everyone that has been single or in a bad relationship recently COMFORTABLE IS A VERY VERY GOOD THING..

so this week I am going to dedicate my blogging to Sam and I.. and our relationship and things I LOVE and things that we don't quite have perfected yet.. (probably because I have nothing better to do because Sam is in Atlanta, Georgia for the week and I am a little bored)

Todays:

If Sam and I were boats in the ocean.. Sam would defiantly be the great big cruise ship.. Slow, steady and right on pace. Knowing exactly where it's going, when it has to be to its destinations, and know exactly how to get there.. I would be the jet ski... Fluttering around, jumping the cruise ship waves, and wanting to slide into the beach doing mock 90.. but damn would I have a great time while doing it..
This is Sam and I.. If things aren't exciting I usually don't want much to do with it... and Sam loves excitement but he is probably to cautious... So this works for us. Sam always says that my spontaneity keeps things fun and fresh and I always say I need someone EXACTLY like Sam to keep my jet ski on track... cuz I seem to zip away occasionally if I don't have something to "anchor" me...

So here is to the rest of our life of happy "boating"!

3 comments:

Sammy said...

Thanks Debbie this is one of my favorite blogs!! lol SO TRUE.. I miss you already

shaley said...

That's a really cute post...and a really cute picture!!

Shelli Roholt said...

Great post!!!! Comfy is definetly a good thing to be!!!