Wednesday, April 15, 2009

weeks menu.

I have a system of writing grocery lists. I go through the week and like a calendar I put..
Mon, Tues, Wed... etc. and underneath each of them I put what we are going to eat each day and then I do the grocery list. It is also fun to ask each member of the family to pick one night. They usually pick the same thing week after week. Josh is lasagna, Cassidi is these sandwiches I make, Sam is steak, and brock is seafood.
THIS WEEK I DID NOT ASK ANY OF THEM!

I only cook dinner and sometimes lunch for Sam. I only cook breakfast on the weekends and usually only 1 morning a weekend ( I know I am a slacker), and for Sunday dinners we usually eat about 3:00 p.m.. I am not a gourmet cook but I do cook A LOT. I cook simple and foods that my family will USUALLY eat.
anyway..
I am sharing this weeks dinner plan with you. I had a friend email me and ask me to do this so I was just doing my grocery list so here ya go...

Thursday: Angel Hair spaghetti, broccoli with Parmesan, french bread.

Friday: French Dip, with chips,veggies and shrimp dip.

Saturday: Taco Ring, with re fried beans.

Sunday: Oriental Wings with white rice and veggies and dip.

Monday: Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole (thanks Nichole), green beans, and rolls.

Tuesday: Pot Roast in crock pot with veggies and tators. ( I love to put a frozen pot roast in the crock pot early morning with a packet of zesty Italian dressing and au jus and a cup of water over the top, put veggies in and let it COOK ALL DAY!!! YUM)

Wednesday: SAM AND I GO OUT ON WEDNESDAY NIGHTS SO THE KIDS CAN HAVE WHATEVER WE HAVE LEFT!

I also throw on that grocery list top Ramon because my kids love to FRY it. A couple of fast things because Cassidi and Josh sometimes come home late and will say to me.. MOM I AM HUNGRY. I have seriously gotten up at midnight and fixed Cassidi food. SPOILED..
I also usually OVER cook so Sam can have it for lunch.
I hope this helps if ya are interested in knowing what is on the stove at our house let me know and I will try to do this more often..

SAM COMES HOME FOR JUST TONIGHT AND LEAVES AGAIN TOMORROW MORNING.. :-(... but he is going grocery shopping with me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to laugh, because I swear Sam just married ME!! We are so similar, it's not even funny! I have my menu done until the end of April. I find that if I don't do a menu, we end up eating out WAAAAY too often as I don't plan ahead and prepare. I'll have to update the blog with more recipes -- I'll put in a recipe for homemade Snickers...puts the cheesecake to shame! Thanks for sharing!

DEBBIE said...

I am so not that good. The end of the month? That is impressive. I do it week by week.
I am having NO REFINED SUGAR FOR 30 DAYS so wait to post the Snickers bar.. lol.
bikini season is almost here time to lay off the sweets! Kinda a nice thing because I am having slim fast for breakfast and lunc and that takes out the worry about what I am going to eat. HA!
I love your food blog. I will let ya know how the family likes that casserole.

Wendy said...

I make 3 dinners a week. That is all! You two are making the rest of us look bad!

Sammy said...

As I always say... Sam is a lucky man... A smokin hot wife that cooks and loves me... WOW lol

cassidi said...

we love your cooking.