Monday, April 20, 2009

yummy yummy sweet pork burritos... MAKE THEM!

I got this recipe from a girlfriend of mine, Jessica, and changed it just a little. Sam and Josh and Brock just raved about this.. TRY THEM YOU WILL LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM....

here is the recipe.. seriously so so good... I put the roast in about 8:00 a.m. and let it cook all day..
Put a 4lb PORK (or if Pork is not allowed beef or chicken, I prefer pork) roast in your crock pot..
Mix in a bowl:1 can doctor pepper
2- 8 oz cans tomatoe sauceand about 1 cup brown sugar (I did not measure)
place in crock pot (WITH ROAST) and let cook for 6 -7 hours.
Take Pork out.. SHRED IT ALL.
*at this point I took a couple of BIG BIG spoon fulls of "juice" out of crock pot. Just so it was not too runny (use your own judgement here).
Put Pork back in crock pot with juice and ad a couple big tablespoon fulls of Salsa (your favorite) and another cup or so of brown sugar.
Let cook for about another hour.
Take tortillas and heat them in microwave (I prefer homade from a mexican grocery store but whatever will work)
after they are heated ad some of the sweet pork from crockpot..
some spanish rice (I used the precooked bens spanish rice that you heat in the microwave for 90 seconds, I bought two packets and could have used three)
some heated black beans (just from the can heated in a small sauce pan)
Roll up.. serve with sour cream/guac..../salsa/lettuce (whatever YOU like)
They are so good.
This reciipe will feed A LOT. I fed my family and took 2 zip locks and froze the sweet pork for another night.
Knoks the socks off any sweet burito you are use to..

*I think this recipe would easily feed 15 to 20 if you used the pork sparingly and bought more rice and black beans...

I am so excited to defrost them and have them in a week and then after that... yummy!!!

2 comments:

Shelli Roholt said...

i acutally used that recipe and made several crock pots full for Bryce's graduation dinner!!! it is absolutely delicious!!! i had forgotten about it though and think i will make it soon!!

Sammy said...

I love this stuff...it was soooooo good!!