Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Cheer...

What a busy Christmas Season. I am so lucky to have Debbie. She works so hard to make Christmas special and fun. Every night after dinner when things settle down we all gather around our living room couch by the fire and read a chapter or two out of a Christmas book. Debbie thinks I get board with this but actually its great to listen to a story, settle down for the day and relax with the family. I very much appreciate it. We finished up another book so now we need to pick another good one.
Debbie has decorated our home and done most of the Christmas shopping. I should say ALL but I have bought one or two gifts. She has done all the wrapping and planning of gifts. Speaking of wrapping, she never used to wrap gifts from Santa until she met me. She used to take the Christmas Eve gifts after the kids went to bed and put them under the tree unwrapped for the family. lol.... I had never heard of that. So now she wraps them all just for me.

We have decided to not buy each other gifts or anything for our stockings this year. Instead, we are going to Mexico in February sometime as our gift. We love it so much there and DREAM of the day we get our ass in the sand and toes in the water. (a country song right?)

Debbie thank you for taking care of all of us the way you do. I appreciate and love you very much. I should say it more.

I have to remind myself from time to time what Christmas is all about (hence the picture on this post) We all get tied up in shopping, frustrated with traffic and maybe flipping a few people off..ha.. and tend to forget why we are doing all this. So... close your eyes... take a deep breath and remember what Christmas is really all about.

Merry Christmas everyone and be safe.

No comments: