Sunday, December 13, 2009

from 1924~ My Grandma Millie!

All the years growing up my Mom had a cedar chest at our house. In the cedar chest was my Mom's Wedding dress, a couple of afghans that my Grandma Millie had done when she was alive, ya know just keep sakes that you don't look at a lot.
When my Mom sold the house I grew up in the cedar chest needed a home and I said to my Mom that I would take it. So the cedar chest has sat in my bedroom, pretty much untouched, it is covered and has family pictures on it.
Well tonight I got in the cedar chest looking for some sewing items. I could have DIED when I found this certificate. It is kinda hard to read but it is my Grandma Millie's (she died when I was 4) and it is dated the Second day of May, 1924. It's a certificate for
Neither Absent Nor Tardy during the entire term.. (if you click on the certificate you can read it better)
WHAT A FIND.....
I have to tell you that I don't remember much of my Grandma Millie but I do remember my brother and sisters talking the first Christmas after she died. They had made a "deal" with Grandma that if she ever died that the first Christmas eve she should hang out at the top of the Christmas Tree so that they still got to spend Christmas together. I don't know if Grandma ever met at the top of the Christmas tree but this certificate has brought her into our home this Christmas Season!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun story!