Monday, December 7, 2009

mid life crisis?? Or a real need?

Sam and I are having a moment of mid life crisis. With most of our kids spreading their wings and getting on with their lives it leaves Sam, Brock and I by our little lonesome lately.
Sam and I would LOVE to have another baby. I know I know I know. We are 40ish. That would make us 60 (Sam even older) when the baby graduated from high school. Not to mention I am out of my "baby having years, not to mention I don 't have a uterus which I think is a MUST in child birth. So what do you do with a 40 something husband, and a uterus less wife???
You look into adoption. So I started to look at attorney's to adopt a baby. A private adoption. Ya know the kind you meet the birth Mom. Pay for her medical bills, living expenses etc. I had a little image of turning our guest room into the best baby room you have ever seen. I envisioned our lonely weekends being full of running our new baby around, sleepless nights, and bottles and onesies.. HOWEVER...
When I got digging really deep I realized that the chances of Sam and I getting picked by a birth Mom is a chance in a million and it probably would be a waste of money, energy and a lot of emotional bull shit. Why wouldn't we get picked.. Let me tell ya the reasoning I got.
  • our combined ages would be in the 80 and above bracket..
  • We have both been divorced.
  • I have had medical problems.
  • We are not in the desired income bracket for Adoptive Parents, (this is NOT a joke) most birth Mom's want their baby to be placed with a couple that makes more than 500,000 a year.
  • and most adoption in Utah are for Morman couples.

Any way so as I read that and read the retainer amount for an attorney I decided that maybe our needs are more like mid life crisis, so we are now looking into a Chevy Camaro (a yellow one)!

5 comments:

Dan said...

Ooooookkk. This is where I have to do a intervention. They need to up your anti depression medication. You are bored, you don't need a baby. I have one you can take for awhile. You can even give her back when you are sick of it.

cassidi said...

ok i am here mother i still live at home. im never leaving remember.

Anonymous said...

Time for Debbie to go back to work!

Anonymous said...

I sooo feel your pain! I would love another little bundle that smells like baby powder and Johnsons baby shampoo...unfortunately, if I got pregnant (which I can), John would be awfully suspicious (as he can't anymore). I like the camaro idea, though!! :)

Anonymous said...

It is a special case..