Monday, January 25, 2010

Diet Pills!!

Like almost every one out there the battle of the bulge caught up with me last year. I was 15 pounds heavier than I had been the year before and then after my head injury I gain another 5 pounds.. So yes THAT IS 20 pounds..
I had not struggled with my weight for years and the reason is not something I am proud of but I am going to tell you. My good friend Jan had a rocking body.. I mean a HOT body. So one time when I was at her house about a decade ago I said to her..
"HOW DO YOU DO IT?"
So Jan gave me a bottle of diet pills and I lost about 10 pounds in two weeks. So I called her and said
"Okay I am biting where do you get these pills"..
Jan went to Mexico on vacation about every four months and she would buy these diet pills from there. So I jumped on the ban wagon and would give Jan $100 every few months and she would bring me back the diet pills and I was able to stay quite slender.
Well Jan died (it was terrible) a year ago last September. So not only was one of my best friends gone, my "diet pill" connection was gone also. So over the next 18 months I gained the 20 pounds.
Well I finally was sick of not having any Levi's to fit in so I said.. FORGET THIS.. and I got off the couch, joined Nutri System and started to work out (Pilate's kick your butt) and I have lost all the weight. It is the first time in my life I have ever lost weight WITHOUT Diet Pills.
So if you know or you yourself are a Diet Pill junkie.. Let me tell you. It has taken a hell of a lot of work to get my metabolism back in shape and the weight came on VERY fast when I quit taking them.
I think the scariest part of this story is I truly do NOT know what the diet pills were (which I am happy because I would not have quit them). Jan would just get them for me and I would take them and not have an appetite...
So please don't judge me... IT HAPPENS..
Woot Woot here is to Mexico in a bikini this year!!!

No comments: