Wednesday, March 17, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROCK!!!

Brock turns 12 on Thursday.. 12.. he is the caboose in the family and usually is surrounded by all girls.. We love him so much and he is Sam and my little side kick!! He brings so much life to our house!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BABY BROCK!!

Brock;
I've always loved you the best because endings generally are sad and you are such a joy. You readily accepted the mild-stained bibs. The lower bunk. The cracked baseball bat. The baby book, barren but for a recipe for graham cracker pie crust that someone jammed between the pages.

You are the one I held onto so tightly. For you see, you are the link with the past that gives a reason for tomorrow. You darken my hair, quicken my steps, square my shoulders, restore my vision, and give me humor that security and maturity can't give me.

When your hairline takes on the shape of Lake Erie and your children tower over you, you will still be "MY Baby."
LOVE YOU!~
MOM!

2 comments:

Shelli Roholt said...

sweet post debbie!! my caboose just had a birthday too, it is harder to see them grow than the others, even though it all happens too fast!!!

Lyla said...

Babies that are 12= Mom's who are about 40~