Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Brother Mark 30 years later

Most of you probably don't know that I have (had) a brother named Mark. He passed away when I was 14.. he was 24. I wont go into detail about his death since this blog is about his life when he was here. He was a great musician and was touched by the hand of God (along with his 12 string guitar). His music was truly inspiring and touched a lot of lives as he moved along in this world preaching the gospel.
Just recently he has been on my mind a lot and recently my sister Coyeanne found a 30+ year old cassette tape with nearly 40 songs of his. She converted this old tape into a CD and gave it to all of our family to enjoy and remember. She wrote down all the words and now this music can be passed down to generations.
Just today a long lost cousin of mine sent me an email on Facebook. He recently has gone through a family tragedy of his own and asked me how old I was when Mark died and we chatted a bit. I still dream of Mark singing with his 12 string and I wake up with tears even after all these years.
Here is a small portion of Pauls email this morning.

"I want you to know that even though I was raised in a Christian home and went to church all my life, Mark was the guy that truly explained the Gospel to me on night when I was 15 years old, when we were both sleeping in the same room in Grandmommy's house in Louisville.

The next day, our family left for NY, and I got out my Bible and read the entire thing within a few days. I credit my parents for bringing me up right, but I will always credit Mark for bringing the point home to where I realized my need for Jesus as the savior."

Its so great to know that Mark is still remembered and in reality, still alive in peoples hearts.
I tried to post some songs on this blog but it wont let me. If I find a way to post some MP3's I will do it.

1 comment:

DEBBIE said...

OOO, I love this blog post!