Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"When I Retire........."

Today I made a trip to the Boise area to work on some new store layouts that are going to be built this year. I always tour stores as I travel and I happened to catch up with Steve.... the Executive Regional Director for the Boise area stores. Good friend and co-worker..... he is the one that originally hired me on to Maverik in 1997.... anyway.....
He said Sam I want to show you my cars that I am working on at my shop... hop in it will only take a few minutes. Now I know his new hobby is that he and his wife take a car to car shows around this area but what he showed me absolutely floored me!!!!!! He opened the garage door to his shop and I think I heard angels sing in the distance. The perfectly decorated and designed shop is the ultimate manroom. He closed the door and turned on all the display lights and not only did I hear angels sing but God himself spoke I think.
Everything in this shop is perfectly clean and immaculate. The cars are all in perfect show room condition. Old antiques that have been refurbished... cars have all been gone through and totally redone, even is office in the corner is decorated with old coke machines and all kinds of details. I could have spent hours and hours in here looking at every detail. I wish I would have brought my high resolution camera. Steve kept saying "When I retire I am going to finish this car..... or finish this project... or get another car.... get a bigger shop etc...." So I am saying...."when I retire I want to be just like Steve" haha... I hope you enjoy the pics..... it doesn't do it justice







2 comments:

DEBBIE said...

I also hope that someday you have a shop just like this. I don't see you getting another car, or decorating a shop till YOU CLEAN THE GARAGE YOU HAVE NOW!!! Love you!

Dan said...

I think you should have exactly this! Maybe I need a job at Maverik!