Tuesday, January 25, 2011

formaldehyde

It's INEVITABLE.. You have to trade your old car in on a new car even though you don't want to. You have enjoyed so much NOT having a car payment but you have started to notice that you are paying more on maintenance on the old clunker than you would on a new shiny model. Well.... this is how I feel about aging, and I kind of start understanding how the hell hard it is for a women in her 40's to "keep up" with her once slender, non hairy, non stretch mark, non grey hair self.
So as I sat and got a manicure today I realize the last year has been a WORLD WIND for me trying to make this old clunker like new. I am the FIRST to admit I am in a mid life something or another.. Crisis? I don't know but SOMETHING. I turn 40 this year and however I LOVE where I am emotionally, spiritually, with my family, husband, etc. etc. etc.. I would NOT go back to my 20's for nothing because I love who I have become the last couple years. A more polished classier version of my old self. However what I would do with a body of a 20 year old.. DUDE, WHAT SAM WOULD DO WITH A BODY OF A 20 YEAR OLD WOMAN. HA.
So as I pay the amount of a small country in the South Pacific to preserve what is left of my skin, body, hair, etc... I wonder what I am going to try next.. maybe formaldehyde!!

1 comment:

Shelli Roholt said...

love this post!!!! so true to how i have been feeling lately!!!