Thursday, January 20, 2011

letting go...

Lets talk about the old saying "Love you kids enough to give them wings" shall we?
Well this does NOT make sense to me..

"Love them enough to go into the big bad World and make the same mistake's (and Maybe WORSE) and not open my big fat mouth and tell them my opinion?"
Do the people that made this "Word to the Wise" know me??? AT ALL?
Ya, I didn't think so.
Cassidi turns 19 years old this week and she is studying to become a Registered Nurse. She is going to school at Weber State FULL TIME... Working FULL time as a CNA caregiver to the elderly, and playing full time.

The opportunity has come up for Cassidi to study abroad this summer. Yep, OUT OF THE COUNTRY.. With no Mom to lecture her and take care of her and feed her and love her and make sure she is wearing earings, and lipstick. Just her and the big bad country of Costa Rica.

So guess what.. this over protective Mom is sending her daughter to the Caribbean to study and learn to become bilingual OUT OF THE COUNTRY.. HOLY COW..
So please help me as images of her meeting some Latin Lover, never coming back to the States, opening some beach bar, never owning a pair of shoes again, growing dread locks, and my grand babies will speak Spanish rather than English flash through my head...
I LOVE "LETTING GO!!!!"

2 comments:

cassidi said...

Think of how much fun it would be for you guys to come visit me!

Kim said...

You don't know me but I follow your blog RELIGIOUSLY. I went to Costa Rica to study and it was the best experience of my life this far.