Sunday, September 20, 2009

this is a test....only a test....

So I can't sleep and I am doing my grocery list. I am actually going to do a 2 week grocery list and hope I can make it the entire 2 weeks. Here is my menu for the next two weeks.. Give and take a day or two because hopefully Sam will take us out once!!!
I have been VERY anxious lately and I have been taking my anxiety out mostly in the kitchen. I have been cooking, cooking, and cooking, and based on my grocery list I don't think it is slowing down.. I have also been walking a lot trying to get rid of the anxiety. I did go to the doctor on Friday and he said it is VERY normal and shoudl be gone in a few weeks.. Sam said it was great having me cook... I think the fall changed me into "Martha Stewart"... OH PLEASE NO!!! ANY WAY
Happy Cooking..

Monday: Spaghetti, Broccoli (like spaghetti factories..my favorite), garlic bread

Tuesday: Taco Salad's, and to drink... Shots of carrot juice. I bought cute little shot glasses and we have a juicer and carrot juice is so so good for you but I figure will me a lot more fun to drink it if we put them in cut shot glasses...

Wednesday Roast, taters, carrots, rolls (crock pot meal... my favorite, and Sam's. He LOVES to come home and have the house smell like it does when you cook a meal in the crock pot)

Thursday: Baby back of ribs on the gas grill...(there is a story behind these I will have to post after I try to cook these on Thursday!!!) pistachio salad, cheesy potatoes, and rolls to goop up all that bbq grease and the cheesy potato grease.. I will be walking morning and evening to get this meal off me..

Friday: Marinated Chicken, zucchini, corn on the cob, fresh green beans.. ALL ON GRILL. (buy boneless skinless chicken, put in zip lock bag and marinade it in Lemon Herb marinade and grill..so good)

Saturday. Lasagna (BROCK AND JOSH'S FAVORITE) Every time I ask Brock what he wants for dinner he has two answers.. 1st Lasagna, 2nd Spaghetti.... with my Broccoli again and crusty bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic... and cucumbers for Brock also.. HE WILL BE SO HAPPY THIS DAY.

Sunday: Enchilada Casserole.. new recipe..I will let ya know. Trying to do lots of Mexican lately because of all the great tomatoes and peppers from the garden....FRESH Salsa.. my family probably thinks.. Serious!!! Salsa AGAIN.

Monday: Chicken Salad on Croissants... (I have not made these for years but kinda sounded easy and good for a night and will make great left overs for Sam's lunch) we will do a side of garden fresh veggis.. I ALWAYS DO SIDES OF VEGETABLE.. Cassidi's friend Brian LOVES that..

Tuesday: Chow Mien. ( I NEVER make chow mien but I happened to have some left over chicken from dinner the other day so I made Sam some chow mien for lunch... Sam and I ate it all for lunch and Brock saw the ruminants and wants to try.. so Chow Mien it is...

Wednesday: Sloppy Joes, chips and dip... (CASSIDI'S NIGHT TO COOK, once a week she wants to start cooking something really easy so she has some clue how to cook)

Thursday: Shepards Pie, rolls, and something peach I am sure!!

and don't tell the kids but I have a few other stuff for Sam and I to have for lunch. Most days he will east left overs from the night before but I am going to try to do a Real thinly cut steak sandwhich on a heavier roll maybe sourdough may fracotta, I will see.

then we are back to the weekend without Brock.... So tomorrow is grocery shopping like a mad woman. I still am seeing double out of my left eye so I don't like to drive a lot.. That is the reason for two weeks of grocery shopping rather than 1 week..

Wish me luck this will be A LOT of grocery's..

I love to cook I just HATE to figure out what I am going to cook and HATE HATe hate GROCERY SHOPPING SO half my battle is over..\

*this is where the "test" comes in. I am going to try to make all of these and I will report as much as I can and see how off schedule I got ( I know that will happen) How many nights I said FORGET IT Let eat cold cereal) and how many nights I do it Perfect... Stay tuned in.. we will see!!!

2 comments:

Sammy said...

lol awesome!!! Debbie is a great cook and her family is SPOILED!!!! I love my wife! What would we do with out you honey. Sorry I am not much help on the menu or cooking.

Rochelle said...

this angers me i stay home and have never worked and i don't cook at all. please don't let my family see this