Monday, September 7, 2009

Serious??? SERIOUS??

I am having some issues with this.. Some BIG issues.. and the reason EVERYONE in the state of Utah is NOT having a hard time with this makes me scratch my head.

If I am republican or democratic or liberal or none of them is NOT the point here. The fact is the President Obama is the President of the United States... hands down, voted for by the people and if you like him, hate him, tolerate him.. does it matter now??? He is OUR PRESIDENT. I have NEVER and repeat NEVER gotten a letter like this before and my oldest right now is a Senior in high school. Serious we have the option to "Opt out" for our children to hear a statement on education from THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES...

I should not be angry at all because some school districts in the state you have to sign a permission slip to LET them listen and watch. ...

So this is my chance to say to Davis School District... YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!

my email from Brock AND Cassidi's school.... "gag me"... I AM FRICKEN BLOWN THE HELL AWAY!!!!

U.S. President Barack Obama plans to deliver a back-to-school message on
Tuesday, Sept. 8, at 10 a.m. The message will be directed at students
specifically on the importance of education. U.S. Education Secretary
Arne Duncan said Pres. Obama will challenge students to work hard, set
educational goals and take responsibility for their learning. Duncan
has asked schools throughout the nation to watch the speech together.
It is being broadcast live on the White House website, www.whitehouse.gov.
It will also be shown on CSPAN.

Davis School District supports providing students with the opportunity to view the President¿s address. As a courtesy, we want to provide you with the option to opt out of having your child participate, if you choose. Please return this signed letter to the school by Tuesday morning if you do not want your student to view the address. Alternative activities will be provided for those students.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our schools did not show it at all. Not in the middle school and not in the elementary (not 100% sure of the high school). From what I understand, the issue is not the speech itself...but the accompanying "lesson plan" that was supplied and the discussions that could/would be held afterward. I agree -- alot of hoopla over nothing.

shaley said...

I felt the same way. As I was signing the papers saying my kids could watch it I kept thinking, "am I missing something?"
It's a sad day when the president is under so much scrutiny they have to question whether or not parents want their kids to watch him????"