Monday, September 14, 2009

Just so you know!!!

So since I have been staying at home since the accident people are very "curious" about what I do with my time. HOWEVER IT'S NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!!! I thought I would share a typical "Debbie, Day!".

Cassidi usually goes to school at 7:00ish and Brock at 8:30ish. Sam goes to work between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m.

  • I get up and when everyone is gone their separate ways I usually go on a 40 minute walk. Some time's I drive to where I am going to walk or I just walk out the front door and go around the neighborhood.
  • I get home and I usually go into the bedrooms and gather clothes and put a load of laundry in.
  • I then get ready for the day, as my bath water runs I make Sam and I's bed and straighten up our room.
  • I usually make some kind of something for dinner after I get ready, salsa, peach cobbler, something. I cook A LOT more when I stay at home.
  • I clean up my "cooking" mess and I get Sam something for lunch.
  • Sam comes home and has lunch.
  • After Sam's lunch I usually run errands...grocery store, dry cleaning, stuff like that (this is tricky because I am still quite dizzy, and most of the time see dbl out of my left eye, from the fall so I don't like to drive very far or very often).
  • I get home do some cleaning and the kids come home from school.
  • My family likes to eat dinner.. VERY VERY EARLY. Like around 5 - 6. So I start preparing dinner very very early.
  • Sam comes home, we eat dinner, we clean up. Usually do a little yard work and then all the normal stuff that other families do.

So at this point I think.. HOW DID I THROW A FULL TIME JOB IN HERE.. HA. I watch very little television (but I am watching the Whitney Houston interview this afternoon) and I do a heck of a lot of laundry. I hope people also remember that I can't put my head below my heart or I get so so dizzy!!!! So bending over and cleaning floors (I hate mops), or pulling weeds, or cleaning ANYTHING below my waste is very difficult for me. I AM STILL VERY MUCH ON THE DISABLE LIST (but, I am getting better each day)

I am also still recovering. So there are days that hardly any of the above get done. There are days I am dizzy, I am tired, I am sick to my stomach (this quite often).

So NO I do not sit around my house, I do not watch soap opera's, I do not make Sam cook dinner, I am very much a CEO of this home and family in Kaysville Utah. Why I am explaining all of this is beyond me. Maybe I feel guilty I am at home!!! Maybe I want everyone to know that I am not as lazy as it seems right now! I just want to get better and get on with my "normal" life. However, this staying at home is kinda nice!

2 comments:

Dan said...

peeps that know you...know you are not sitting around watching soap opera's! and SO WHAT IF YOU ARE! Do you owe ANYONE an explanation?

Sammy said...

haha... well said Dan... hard to keep a good woman down... even to heal