Thursday, November 13, 2008

Something is wrong with the children!

We really don't live in a zoo. However you may start to think we do. You have heard about our cat Waffles (who is kind of missing now) our bird Peaches, and now let me introduce you to our guinea pig Oreo. Yes all of our animals are named after food. Anyway...
Oreo has kind of been on the back burner since we moved into our new house. It's in the family room in its cage and I make the kids go play with it from time to time. I made the comment the other night to the the "big" kids, Josh and Cassidi, that we should get rid of Oreo. Well.... I did not know that we have the future Ted Bundy and Jeffery Dahmer living in our house.
Sam and I get home last night at midnight and this is kinda how the conversation went.

Cassidi and Josh: Guess what we did tonight?

me: What

Cassidi and Josh: *HUGE GRINS

me: WHAT?

Cassidi and Josh: *look at each other and bigger GRINS.

me: SAM!!!

Sam comes into the room!

me: What did you guys do!

Cassidi: Well, remember when you said we should get rid of Oreo.. ummmmmm.

me. WHAT DID YOU DO WITH HIM?

Cassidi: We put him in someone's mailbox.

Sam, Josh, and Cassidi: *laughing asses off!

me: HE WILL FREEZE TO DEATH.

Cassidi: We were going to leave it in Jon's but Jon did not have a mail box so we left it in one of his neighbors.

me: HE WILL FREEZE TO DEATH.

Sam: This is animal cruelty.... *LAUGHING... Don't tell anyone.

me: HE WILL FREEZE TO DEATH!

Cassidi: It's warm in mail boxes. *GRINNING AND SNICKERING.

me: IT IS NOT! HE WILL FREEZE BY MORNING.

Josh goes to bed.

Sam and I go to bed..

Cassidi is in her room..

me: Sam tell Cassidi to come here. Text her...

Sam: Okay.. *Sam is kissing me all over and trying to get a little... he stops long enough to text cassidi... Text says.. Cassidi come in here.

Cassidi comes in the room.

me: Cassidi where is Oreo?

Cassidi: West Kaysville *grin and a little laughter.

Sam: *trying hard not to laugh HARD.

me: We need to go get him.. *I start crying

Cassidi: Is she crying??? MOM he has fur.

Sam: Yes, go get the guinea pig Cassidi

Cassidi leaves laughing a little and says.. YOU TOLD US TO GET RID OF IT..

Sam: Cassidi GO GET THE GUINEA PIG!

Sam hands all over me and very light hearted.. His phone is going off like crazy.

me: Sam, stop it just for a minute . What if that is Cassidi telling us Oreo is dead.

Sam: nothing we can do. *continues to kiss me all over

me: looking for the phone because it is now 1:00 a.m. and someone is texting us like crazy.

text: I got him, he is fine.

Sam: *still kissing me all over.

me: text back. I want to see oreo.

Cassidi: Comes into the room and says see Oreo is fine...

me: go put him in bed.

Cassidi: YOU TOLD US TO GET RID OF IT.

Sam: Cassidi..... SHUT THE DOOR.

They are really nice kids.. I don't know what came over them. They did NOT think Oreo would die and were laughing at the thought of the mailman delivering mail and having Oreo in there.
THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY FAMILY!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Still laughing. You cried?

Anonymous said...

I would have cried also. It is kind of funny!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha Ha...
Why did Sam want you to shut the door? hmmmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA..

Sammy said...

Yeah the Campbell house was quite active last night at midnight.... wow!! lol

Bishop Higgins said...

this post is way too long for me to read, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm glad you finally got married.

Anonymous said...

mom the mailbox was plenty warm and the animal would have been fine... but in mine and joshes defense you told us to get rid of it.. in fact it was your idea to put it in a mail box

Sammy said...

Cass - In your moms defense it was actually me who said it would be funny to put in the mailbox... haha. Of course not to kill it but scare the hell out of the next person that opened the box up. It was good for a laugh while it lasted. Just for giggles we now should put it in our own mailbox and send your mom out to get the mail... hahaha

Anonymous said...

thaT is an amazing idea josh and i will get on that..