Saturday, November 29, 2008

Absent!!!

We are laying in bed this morning and Cassidi said to us. "You guys have been really bad at blogging lately". We said... NO SHIT! We have been a little consumed. We said to her. Yeah we could have blogged about.... and we ran through a list of "stuff" that has went on in our lives the last 2 weeks and Cassidi said. OK... Maybe it's a good thing you guys have not blogged.
Yes, I have been kinda absent. Yes I have posted some uber lame posts here and there but overall pretty vacant/distant.. Why? Just a few high points.
  • Thanksgiving, along with Thanksgiving comes cleaning, shopping, cooking, traveling, getting kids, and about 8000 other tasks.
  • We had some friend go through some pretty ugly stuff and it kinda consumed us. If you are reading you know who you are. WE LOVE YOU....
  • Teenagers. I need not say another f*&%$#% thing. (I had actually put the mother of all swear words right there but Sam changed my mind).
  • Work. It's 4th quarter. 4th quarter= time to make EOY goals and sell LOTS OF software!
  • Sex. Sam and I have a lot of sex and that takes some time (THAT WAS A JOKE)
  • Christmas. HMMMM... oh yeah. I guess it's time to get serious!
any way you get the picture.. CONSUMED!!
So as I sit here tonight, my fridge full of turkey, mediocre mashed potatoes, egg nog and the usuals that sit in everyone's fridge the weekend after Thanksgiving. I am ready for the Holiday season to approach. It's official.. it's here the start of.

Please sing in the tune of "THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS"
  • Every Family Fighting
  • 11 presents returning
  • 10 pounds a gaining
  • 9 overdraft notices
  • 8 days of hang overs
  • 7 hours to park your fricken car!
  • 6 family dinners in 2 hours.
  • 5 MONTHS OF WINTER COMING!
  • 4 sleepless nights
  • 3 days of wrapping
  • 2 blood shot eyes
  • AND WE GET TO DO IT ALL NEXT YEAR!
Okay I promise. Only "positive" Christmas blogs from here on out. I really do like Christmas.

one more small announcement. MY MOM IS GETTING MARRIED NEXT SATURDAY. *SHRUG/KINDA WIERD.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your girls are funny! I feel the same way about Christmas. .

Anonymous said...

wow. is someone a little grumpy!!??

Anonymous said...

I miss you and your synical (spelling) self. You crack me up.