Monday, August 24, 2009

ALL THINGS ZUCCHINI!!

Help.. I have zucchini coming out of my *@@!!!!

I am going to give you a few of my very favorite zucchini recipes. I don't know about the rest of the World but in Utah August and September brings zucchini. It kinda feels like EVERYONE has zucchini.. One plant seems to be enough to feed an entire block.

The big zucchini I use to bake with. Ya know the ones the size of a child's leg or even body.. Here is what I am trying today...

Cassidi and Brock.. First day of school today. They had zucchini cake when they got home!! They are going to have zucchini EVERYTHING for the next few weeks.. LUCKY THEM.

RECIPE...
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Ingredients:
•1 cup vegetable oil
•2 cup sugar
•3 eggs
•2 tsp. vanilla (I always use pure vanilla extract)
•2 cups flour
•1 tsp. baking soda
•1/2 tsp. baking powder
•2 tsp. cinnamon
•2 cups grated zucchini (leave skins on)
•1 cup walnuts
Preparation:
Mix oil and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition; blend in vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients ad to egg mixture and ad zucchini.. Mix well.. Pour into cake pan and cook at 350 degrees for 55 minutes..

VIOLA... YOU HAVE ONE LESS ZUCCHINNI!!!

1 comment:

Sarah Campbell said...

Hey I’ve got a great zucchini recipe for ya just in case you still a few!

Slice zucchini into rounds and sauté in some butter add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and some minced garlic. After the zucchini start to brown and are starting to become translucent plate and top with parmesan cheese. It is pretty simple but I make it all the time and it’s got a good kick to it. Makes a great side dish! Hope you like it!