Sunday, October 18, 2009

HOLY HOLY CRAPERS!!

Happy Happy News!!! I received a letter today saying I got into the Neurology clinic at the University of Utah. Sam has made TONS of phone calls since the accident. My doctor has called, faxed, and worked to get them all my records from ALL the hospitals. We had heard NOTHING from them in 2 1/2 months. We (well mostly Sam) seriously has tried every week since the accident. Well ATLAS persistence pays off and I am on my way to the best Neurology team Utah

  • My biggest lingering problem is my eye sight. I have a black spot in my eye that I can't see out of. It's about the size of a nickel and I also still see very very blurry out of my left eye also.
  • My next biggest problem is my dizziness. I am DIZZY if I lay down, or tilt my head (they said this may last a year).
  • I also struggle with my stomach. I am always a little queasy.. ALWAYS.. I don't know if that is from my eye problems or side effect of the head injury.
  • I also have terrible anxiety sometimes. The doctor has put me on some med's that has helped but I still struggle with it and this is very very very new to me. Anxiety is not a great feeling.. It's a sick panicking feeling that I hate. I don't sleep great even on ambien and I dont sleep at all without it.
  • and I struggle with memory. I sometimes can't recall the easiest words, or I have a hard time trying to explain things to Sam. I definatley hope they can help me with this. i know what I want to say and Sam is so good trying to find the word for me. I want it fixed..
BUT I GOT INTO THE CLINIC.. I GOT IN, I GOT IN.. I am suppose to call them tomorrow and make my appointment.. I CAN'T WAIT.. Finally I feel like we will get answers of what my head has gone through and how we are going to fix it.
I don't know for sure if I will get all my sight back into my left eye, and frankly I feel very very blessed that I am healthy enough to be writing this blog. There for a few weeks I had a few break downs and said to my sammy that I can't do this, that I could not continue feeling the way I was.. Sam and my family has been great with me and hugs me and says.. It is going to take some time... I am learning that A LOT...
I

No comments: