Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday night. and beef brisket recipe!

I am so excited about tonight. Annually we have a pumpkin carving contest. I won last year (had to throw that in) but it has became a highlight of our fall season. TONIGHT is our pumpkin carving contest.
So I told the kids last week that "NO PLANS are to be made Monday night".
We are having a family dinner (rare we are all here any more), and then.. LET THE GAMES BEGIN. I will post pictures and announce winner this week!!

We are having bbq beef brisket tonight and as I am sitting here typing this I can smell it cooking in the house. It SMELLS wonderful and thought I would share the recipe.


Ingredients:

4 or 5 pound beef brisket. I had to ask the butcher at the grocery store and he cut one up for me.

4 oz. liquid smoke

4 oz. Worcestershire

garlic salt

celery salt

onion salt

1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce


Place brisket in a large, shallow pyrex or directly in roaster if you are not refrigerating overnight.

Add the liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce all over.
(the entire bottles)

Rub brisket with lots of garlic salt, celery salt, and onion salt. ”it will look like you have ruined it!!” and do both sides. Cook with the "fat" side up because it makes is more moist. Trim the fat off after you cook it.

Refrigerate overnight or as long as you have I don't always refrigerate mine at all.

Bake in a covered roaster at 325 degrees for 3 hours.

Add one cup of your favorite BBQ sauce and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.

Let cool 1 hour before slicing and serving.

No comments: