Sunday, October 4, 2009

Oktoberfest. German Style.

\
For a blissful 5 week we get a touch of German Oktoberfest, Alps, and Polka right here in the mountains of Utah. Sam and I decided to head up to 11,000 feet and enjoy the breath taking views that Utah is famous for.
Sam has never been to any Oktoberfest but I have many time. So the two of us.. YES ONLY THE TWO OF US. (Kids all gone for the weekend... Yip Yip Yip) anyway.. back to the story.

A few...DUH moment of... what were we thinking we should have dressed warmer.



This is Sam and I on the Tram ride up to the VERY VERY top. We got to the top and with the wind chill it was SERIOUSLY Zero degrees... HOLY CRAP!!!


This is Sam at 11,000 feet he had to put his hand in his sleeves because it was so so cold.


This is me in my glamour shot that Sam was taking of me.. IT WAS SO COLD. My hair was blowing all over...

These are Alp horns. They usually go up the Tram to the very very top of the mountain and play these Alp horns up there. They did not go today because of the weather. With wind chill at 0 and the wind blowing they said they could not play as well. So they played at the front of the Tram entrance. It was very very pretty and very interesting.

Despite the snow, the cold, the crowd, the $6 dollar beers.. We had a great great time. We both loved it... We had a SEVENTY degree different in temperature within a 1 hour ride. When we got home It was 70 degrees!!!

Oh yeah and I learned to yodel.. any one want to hear come on over!!!

Converstation between Sam and I.
Deb"I want some of that"
Sam "What is it?"
Deb: "Apple Stroudle"
Sam: "oh are those Apple's?"
Deb: "No Sam, they are Peaches.... that is why it's call Apple Stroudle".

1 comment:

Ben said...

always something fun going on in your life..