Sunday, April 11, 2010

To the cutest Step Dad!!

My cute Mom got married in December of 2008 to the cutes nicest man ever, Nolan.. He has taken on our crazy family and all of our crazy problems and does it with a smile. He is so gentle and kind to my Mom and after all the years my Mom was single it is nice to see her have a "soul" mate.
Nolan has given us quite a scare the last few weeks. He had a terrible pain in his leg and was just sick as heck and was put in the hospital.. To make a really long "medical mystery" short... they eventually found out he had a Aneurysm in his leg which was stopping blood flow to his lower leg. They operated on the leg. The went into the upper thigh and got a graph so they could remove the aneurysm.. Picture below...
then after the surgery to remove the aneurysm his lower leg started to swell. They said that when tissue and muscle has been this long with out blood it swells as soon as it starts to get blood. So the swelling caused a problem and they had to go in and LEAVE an open wound in his leg.. Picture below. Now the picture below is his leg as of yesterday, Saturday, afternoon. The wound care people came to take care of it..

So I am sure you are thinking the same thing we are all thinking..
WILL THEY BE ABLE TO SAVE THE FOOT?
Well we don't really know yet. There is skin that is dying on his leg and they said it will turn black and fall off but said only time will say about his foot.. on top of the aneurysm he has a really really bad staph infection.

I kinda thought hard before I blogged this because I didn't want to invade Nolan's privacy but I figure that now all my friends in my blog world can prayer for the cutest step dad ever to get better.

We love you Nolan!!

4 comments:

Lyla said...

OMG!! I have called everyone in to see these pictures. FREAKINAMAZING!

shaley said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! Poor Nolan! That is worse than I ever would have even imagined. Glad I wasn't eating.....I about gagged with the open wound pic!!! I hope he recovers quickly and completely.

Caroline said...

HOLY SHIT!

Wendy said...

my prayers are there!