Sunday, March 15, 2009

Frozen fish!

Remember the blog a couple months ago about our fish pond that was frozen? Well if not here is a picture of our fish pond. We had to go outside with an ax and put breathing holes for the fish thru the ice.I really didn't think there was a chance that the fish would live thru the winter. Well I was wrong!! All three fish are alive and well.
Yesterday we did the first yard work of the year and we decided to clean the fish pond out.
IT TRULY WAS ONE OF THE GROSSEST THINGS I have done for a very very long time. I was gagging. Sam got a garbage can and got the water out and than we got a paint scrapper and scraped the scum off the sides.. OMYHECK.. sick...
We cleaned the lower (larger) pond and put the fish in the upper one and than added new water. IT LOOKS SO GOOD. I am sure glad we only have to do that once a year... YUCK... YUCK.. YUCK..
I also got the kids out in the yard to do yard work. We have a problem THE KIDS LIKE FIRE FIRE FIRE.... Well they actually LOVE IT. We put a bunch of leaves in the raised garden beds and let the kids burn them (I do think that is illegal) and Sam brought out a blow torch for about an hour. Winnie played outside for a couple hours while we did work. She was so tired. She only ran off once. She had never been outside for that long.The best thing on Earth happened after that. SAM HAS A EDGER. An electric edger.. I love it.. I am in love with it and I am sure I will lose a finger before the yard is cleaned up this spring and we may not have any tree's or shrubs left.We are going to go get a bottom feeding fish today and I am going to Plant peas. Are back yard is looking so cute. When It greens up a bit we will post pictures!!!

2 comments:

Sammy said...

This was a great day.... got out of the house and released the cabin fever a bit. We now have happy fish

Mrs. Lawley said...

You guys are the cutest little family!! glad you found each other...