Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Wait.......

So the hospital told us to be there at 11 AM to work on preop things as well as ask and answer questions before they begin. So we get there at 10:55 like the good people we are. After getting into the preop room we would get a visitor about every half hour, ask the same questions and complain about the IV that apparently the first nurse did a terrible job of. The two doctors were very nice when they finally showed up about 1 PM..... probably after lunch and a few green beers. lol Then they left after marking up her chest with pen marks.
After talking to each other for quite some time until Debbie got sick of me, we quized each other on who knows the names of the capital cities of the 50 states. So I tested her first and she failed bad as she said she would.... she tested me and I failed but not as bad.... then she asked me to test her again. Little did I know she had been memorizing by association during the time she was testing me. Her second round she only missed ONE!!!???? I have never seen a steel trap like that before. I was amazed. She was laughing as she was guessing because her associations were quite humerous and I would have a hard time just thinking of them rather than the actual city lol... Anyway... she blew me a way.

So finally at 3:15 they came and wheeled her off to surgery. Yes 4 hours and 15 minutes later....... I am sitting in the waiting room biting my fingernails chewing my cheeks worried sick about my woman somewhere on the other side of this wall going through who knows what.

They promised me she will be ok.........

No comments: