Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Stage 3....


At 5:15 the doctor came out and said "Debbie came through fine and did great and is now in recovery". After a quick visit with the doc he said that in 30 to 45 minutes in recovery the RN will come out and get me. This is the same RN that was supposed to come out every little while and give me updates on how they were doing...... NOT ONCE DID HE COME OUT. So I was a bit skeptical on the RN actually coming out and getting me. After the doctor left I NEEDED to be with my wife.... I was pacing up and down the waiting room, lit up the laptop and surfed the internet and updating facebook and driving myself nuts. After 45 minutes Sammy got pissed... not one friken word from the RN. So I packed my shit up and proceeded back into the recovery room myself. A night nurse caught me and said "you must be here for Mrs Campbell". I said yes but I am a bit upset... I said "the RN said he was going to give me updates and NOT ONCE did he come out" "I want to see Debbie" I said. She got right on it and I was finally able to see my wife.
When I walked in I saw this IV in her freakin neck (pic). So they attempted to find a vein in her right arm 5 times and finally decided to put it in the big vein. Other than the vein issue and the itching nose thing just out of surgery she is doing great but LOTS of pain.

My only problem is keeping Debbie down on her ass so she can heal up. I am here to wait on her and she keeps getting up and wanting to pick up the house or something....... I have to cuss at her and and sit her down lol poor girl.

More later

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a true Hero to me. I saw you go threw one of these and it was not pretty. I admire the fact that you are not ashamed of your breast cancer. You are a voice to every woman. Please take care!