Monday, October 13, 2008

Wedding


I have a ton to say about our wedding but I don’t quite know where to begin. There were so many “GOLDEN MEMORIES” that will forever be in my mind. Sam and I were laying in bed talking about the “events” of the weekend and here are some of the memories we brought up that were timeless to us.

  • The obvious… LOOKING INTO EACH OTHER EYES AND SAYING OUR VOWS.

  • When we were getting ready for the wedding and I was putting my dress on and Sam was helping me (I know we did NOT go by the ole’ saying of..DON’T SEE THE DRESS OR BRIDE BEFORE THE WEDDING) put my dress on or should I say TAPE my dress on. It was just priceless.

Earlier in the day we all sat on Sam’s parents back patio and we were talking, laughing and visiting (Sam has pictures of this). I don’t know why this touched my heart so much but it was just a very “family” moment.

  • When we left to go to Kentucky I hugged my kids to leave and started CRYING. I mean CRYING. Poor Sam said he felt like he was dragging his “arranged marriage wife” into the back woods of Kentucky to get married. We got in the front seat of the car and Sam looked at me and took my face in his hands and kissed me and was so tender with me I will never forget it. I was NOT sad to go get married I was overwhelmed and wishing we would have taken the kids and my mom. Sam’s parents and family greeted me with open arms and I felt so loved, but I did miss my mom.

  • After the wedding I called my mom and Sam and I were in a room alone and I got big tears in my eyes. We were sitting on the edge of the couch and I looked at Sam and he had big tears in his eyes. It was just a very simple moment.
  • The fact that Sam’s dad married us.
  • Coye Ann (Sam’s sister) sang to us. Wow that girl can sing.
  • Sam’s entire family told us that we were like a couple of twenty year olds. Anyone that has been around Sam and I know we have a hell of a time keeping our hands off each other. We kissed and kissed and kissed. My response to the twenty year old comment… I WAITED 40 YEARS FOR SAM SO WE HAVE A HELL OF A LOT OF KISSING TO DO TO MAKE UP FOR THAT TIME!!!
  • Coye Ann and I went to get my hair done and it was fun when we left. I put my arms around her and said. I GET TO GO MARRY YOUR BROTHER. She got great big tears in her eyes and we walked out the door. (Sam said the entire time I was gone he was home Pacing.. he said it was very weird)

There is so much more I want to say but I will over the next few months. Sam and I will be going on our HONEYMOON in February. I will post a video of our marriage as soon as I have time to do it..

Thank you to Sam and his family for the most meaningful weekend of my life. I will blog about the "mormon hayseed from Idaho" later. I am truly a novelty to his family. What did Sam bring home.. lol...

5 comments:

Sammy said...

I am truly blessed to have Debbie in my life. This was an incredible weekend and I married the woman of my dreams. My family absolutely loved her (of course who wouldn't...lol) I am happy and proud to have Debbie as my wife and so very excited to be with her and her kids and bring our families into one! So many Golden Memories already and we are just starting........

Anonymous said...

Congrats you are both GLOWING. Ya sure you got married or just get out of bed? (yep I went there)

Anonymous said...

you guys look great. congrats. you look so pretty debbie. love the flower

Anonymous said...

Gargaus!!! You look very much in love! WOW.

Anonymous said...

again you look VERY stunning.