Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Great Family Weekend.......



Hey Everyone. We havnt posted for a few days as you can see. We have been busy goofing off and having some family fun over the long weekend. Football games, house hunting, motorcycle riding, drinking and eating, goofing off at the cabin, feeding kids and... yes even cleaning the house. This weekend I gave Debbie a new nickname. It will probably stick for a while because I will probably need to use it every weekend when she needs the kids (and I) to clean the house. Its 'Rampage Debbie'. Deb loves a clean house and when things are needing some attention.... whoa... head for the hills Sam!!!!! Here comes Rampage Debbie... lol




Josh came up Saturday night with us and had a beer at the Owl with Debbie and I as well as Bart and Cherie. The next day we rounded up both 4 wheel drive vehicles and headed for the cabin and the river bottom. What an awesome, peaceful place. I had so much fun watching Debbie catch fish... haha... she was like a 10 year old having so much fun... I loved it. I was catching the grasshoppers for her hook and playing with snakes and frogs. I guess I was like a 10 year old as well. Brock... the actual 10 year old.... was watching me play with snakes and said "Sam I wouldnt do that if I were you" haha...
So we built a fire, cooked some hot dogs, ate chips and dip and had a wonderful time all together. We were missing some kids.... Jordan and Sarah.... and wish they were with us as well. So while we were down there.... it started to rain and rain HARD and steady. I love the rain and it was way fun to watch but reality started to sink in. We are at the river bottom, heavy rain and we have to still climb out of this to get to the road. So we packed up and started slowly moving through the mud in the Yukon. Debbie gasping for a breath as we slip and slide all over the place. We finally made it to the top but Josh hadnt left the cabin yet. I started walking down to drive for them but just as I started down I heard Josh come sloshing through the mud below. He was doing quite well but the light pickup slide off the road and got stuck. We all surveyed the situation then put Cass in the driver seat and Brock stayed in the back seat protecting the guitar while the rest of us was getting ready to push. We pointed the steering wheel forward and gave it a huge push and it started to move so I yelled to Cass... "GO GO GO GO" and go she went fishtailing right out of the hole we were in... great job Cass... as I turned to look behind me after I heard " MMMMOOOOOMMMMMMM" I saw Taylor COVERED in mud head to toe... hahaha.. I have not laughed that hard in years. Debbie and Taylor were covered in mud. The rooster tail that Cass set off tearing out of the mud hole hit Taylor square in the middle of her body clear up to the top of her head and even in her mouth.... hahahah.. my God I was about to crumble onto the ground laughing. She was laughing too so she was a good sport.
So we made it out safe, had a great time, ruined some shoes and probably a few clothes but well worth the fun we had.
I love Debbie and her kids... we always have such a great time together... what a cool family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW FUN. Debbie muddy. Makes me laugh

Anonymous said...

House shopping??? Where at?

DEBBIE said...

RAMPAGE DEBBIE??? I JUST WANTED HELP... :-)

Anonymous said...

haha wow that was a way fun weekend! we will never forget that! if it wasnt for sam we probably would have never got out of the river bottoms haha

Anonymous said...

AWWW im so sad i wasnt there!!! i would have probably taken a hand full of mud and got everyone else too!!! miss yall