Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I failed miserably.....

Well Debbie is out of town and I attempted to cook something easy. Burgers, dogs and fries. Debbie texted me the simple instructions on how to make some good fries so I got after it. I cleaned the potatoes and sliced them up and did exactly how she said... at least what I thought she said. I womans cooking instructions to a man like me is quite humorous.
So her instructions were to slice the potatoes kinda thick, rub them in miracle whip with my hands generously and put some seasoning on them. Bake them on 350 for about an hour.
Can you guess what I struggle with on my male comprehension???? Of course I didnt realize this until after the project was over but "kinda" thick really got me bad.... they were too thick and didnt get done. "Generously" on the miracle whip I was a quite a bit too generous and "some" on the seasoning was WAY too short and the "about" an hour was a disaster because they were not done. Seriously, can I cook a freaking french fry with simple instructions???? HELL NO.... they turned out disgusting, hard and no flavor. As you can imagine, I am soaking the pans in the sink over night.. I may have ruined them...lol The kids took one bite and Cassidi left right a way for a friends house to do homework and Brock went down stairs to play video games..... didnt say a word about them... haha. I can only imagine what they were thinking after eating Debbies cooking then looking at their plates with what I had... MY HELL I am a failure.

The kids did eat some burgers and hotdogs from the grill.... that I CAN do thank goodness so they wont starve tonight. I think tomorrow I will run to Smiths and get one of the hot, precooked chickens with some potato salad. They will appreciate that I am thinking... sheesh.

Until next time..... I am sure there will be more stories while Debbie is gone!!

6 comments:

DEBBIE said...

OH HUUUNEY... That made me so laugh. I will make the fries for you when I am home. I love you sweet heart. I had room service for dinner and would kill for YOUR french fries!!!!!!! You make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

I STILL HATE TO COOK. I hate it and suck at it. What is with a woman and cooking? Is it really that hard?

Anonymous said...

I give you credit for trying. John would have gone to McDonalds and called it good! I love to cook..it's the cleaning up that gives me heartburn.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE STOCKINGS LEAVE THEM. After I saw them on your banister I hung ours on our banister. Loved it. I made the fries also. Mine were good Sam. What did i do before your blog. How did i decorate? and what did i eat?

shaley said...

I'm proud of you for even trying to make fries...I've never had those Deb. I will have to try them sometime! I bet they are not good as leftovers! But I totally agree, a lot of food is better the next day :)

Anonymous said...

ha sam you did a great job hah at least you attempted to cook!!