Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Santa came via US Postage Service.

Brock is home sick from school today. The mailman knocks on our door with a BIG package from Kentucky. Sam's Mom and Dad had sent Christmas presents. We don't get packages from the mail. I don't know that Brock has EVER received anything from the mail. He said. "IS THAT BIG PACKAGE FOR YOU". I said "it says Deb n Sam Campbell".

Brock: "Can we open it?"

In the box was a present to EVERYONE. Brock has been trying to read thru the paper since it has arrived.

Brock: CAN I OPEN "MY" PRESENT.

We have not let him open it...........yet.

Also in box was some lincoln logs and a sticky note on it that said. Sam, your inheritance from Aunt Lois. I held them out to Sam and Sam got a HUGE grin on his face and he said. "When I was little I use to hide in a cupboard at my Aunt's house and these were the toys that were in there." She still had them when she passed away last spring, 35 years later.

Well Brock snatched those up also.

Thank you so much Mom and Dad Campbell. We were so excited for the gifts and you made one little sick boys week. He was SO EXCITED. Sam has been saying how much fun it is to have a boy in the house. I have to agree. He made that package so entertaining. Thanks again!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that story! You forget how fun a package from the post office can be.

Sammy said...

haha yes... having a 10 year old boy reminds me every day how much fun it is to be that age. Its awesome to be around that again... thanks Brock.. and thanks Mom and Dad for the gifts!

Anonymous said...

That story is why "i love christmas". He has no idea what is in the package just glad to get the package and the lincoln log, what a cute story sam.

Anonymous said...

CUTE!

shaley said...

That is a cute story. Brock is such a cute boy! He called Landon one day to chat and I thought it was cute.