Tuesday, July 22, 2008

DISCLAIMER... NEVER DO LUNGES!


Exercise...WTH?...

Commentary first: Sam is a fit guy. He works out a lot, he is built, his arms, chest,legs are all as hard as concrete.... he is FIT.. Well I am NOT a fit girl. I have NO upper body strength, I am flabby, and have never called myself "over active". I use to work out (till I started seeing Sam and would rather be with him then on a treadmill) I am not a heavy girl but I am not a "fit" girl. So get that picture as you read the rest of the blog...

Sam and I were driving up by Utah State University (Go Aggies) a couple weeks ago. We saw a cute little couple (gritting teeth as I say that) doing lunges up Old Main Hill stairs. For those of you who know where I am talking you think WOW those are some IN SHAPE peeps. For those of you who don't I attached the picture so you get the idea . The stairs are steep, go on forever, and every time in my life I have climbed them I have cursed them. Okay, back to the story... So Mr. and Mrs. "Fit" were doing lunges up the stairs and we were impressed, and we commented about what a work out that would be and we said we should do that a couple times a week. HUH... yeah right. That is about as far as that conversation went.

Well, Well, Well.. Last night Sammy (aka known as "fitter than I") were having a night cap sitting on my front porch. I got the novel (or stupid) idea that I should do a few lunges down my side walk. So I did a few lunges, when I say a few I mean maybe ten lunges. It was hard and Sam laughed at me as I did them. Well I go to bed and VOILA.... guess what.. I woke up this morning and I CANNOT move. OH MY BLOODY HELL... I feel like I ran a marathon. hurt hurt hurt. Every step, move, and just sitting here typing is PAINFUL. Yeah I am a picture of fit.

If I would do those lunges a few times a week I would have great legs. Is it worth it???? Yeah I don't think so either.

signed,

Can't fricken move.

P.S. Sam and I actually had about 3 hours alone last night. It was GREAT. When Sam got to my house I was already in sweats and a tank top, we ordered chinese food and TALKED AND TALKED AND TALKED. YEAH.

About the below blog. Sammy, Sammy, Sammy, Wow.. You are so not in the palm of my hand. You are right smack in the middle of my heart.

2 comments:

Jan said...

De, What are you talking about. I think you are fit. You took me hiking like a month ago and I was wanting to stop for a cigarette and a beer and you were long gone. You kicked my ass.

Sammy said...

My Debbie.... you are so funny and so beautiful. You dont need to do lunges or anything but damn that was funny. I am proud to be in your heart.... now lets hit the gym if you want to beat me in the next stair race lol