Thursday, July 10, 2008

.....this is just screwed up


As most of you know my brother, Mike, has multiple myeloma.. AKA "a terrible, kick your ass, cancer of the blood". This week has brought some pretty tough news for my family. Mikes cancer levels have sky rocketed over 10,000 (fatal levels are around 6000). So Mike has decided to go fishing. He told his doctor and all of us. "If this is it, I want to catch one last salmon." So Mike is going to the mountains of Idaho where the doctor expects his kidneys to shut down.

I talked to Mike this afternoon and we talked about what I should do in San Diego. He mentioned when he was in San Diego there were some really cool glow in the dark frogs at the zoo and he thought I should go see them. We talked about his trip to Idaho, his cancer levels, my kids, his kids, ya know usual brother sister talk. Right before he hung up he said very calm and very sol em.... "Debbie if this is the last time I ever talk to you I just want you to know that I love you and always have". SWALLOW HARD

So whatever is to happen the next week shoot us over a prayer or two..

and Mike...

I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED YOU TOO..

No comments: