Wednesday, July 30, 2008

you know you are serious... WHEN..


When you are young and dating it is a lot more simple. You meet someone, you fall in love, you get married, have a few kids and one day you wake up and you are 80.

Adult dating is a whole new ball game. You have "been there and done that". You have "CAREERS" rather than a job, you have your own money, mortgage, kids, baggage, battle wounds, quirks, friends, lives etc. etc. etc. You worry about people's intentions and faithfulness. Its a roller coaster of questions, limitations, and worries. At least that is how my adult dating had been till Sam and I.

My mom said to me one day. "Debbie, a relationship should not be hard. You should meet someone, fall in love, and not have A LOT of issues." I always wanted to believe that but my history of "adult dating" was TOUGH and hard and I found myself giving and giving and getting hardly ANYTHING in return (that's how I felt). I felt like my kids were a problem, or I was going to be a burden, or that 40 - 50 year old men were ALL suffering from the "Peter Pan Syndrome".

Well guess what.. MOM WAS RIGHT... (I hate to say that... lol)

I met this man, we started dating, I am crazy about him. He has a career (holy cow does he), he has kids, cars, house, a life, friends, battle wounds and guess what..... WE ARE WORKING.. We are not only working we are thriving. Sam makes me feel SPOILED, loved, appreciated, and like the sexiest woman on Earth.

Okay.. now for the "title of the blog" you know you are serious... WHEN... You move bathroom supplies to each others house!!!! be it tampons, blow dryer, deodorant, or a toothbrush.....

Well we are officially serious..


4 comments:

Sammy said...

Yes we are thriving and having a wonderful time thank you. And just so you know Debbie... you ARE the sexiest woman on earth...

Anonymous said...

you are moving tampons in? i was thinking you were past that point of your life. HA.

Anonymous said...

once you move a toothbrush in you might as well say your.. I DO"S..... it's all over now.

jess said...

everyone knows you don't use tampons. ;)