Sunday, August 3, 2008

Drive up liquor stores???

Sam's "Softball Family"
Well it's pretty obvious I am from Utah, "the most conservative State in the Nation". I do not feel like I have been a sheltered girl. I have been a lot of places and seen many many things that has surprised me. Here are a few of my "surprises" while in Wyoming. I had never been to that part of the country and a few things "surprised" me.
1. They have Drive Up counters at Liquor Stores... Who would have thunk....
2. Sam is NOT nearly as innocent as he has lead on. (Sammy tuck, strip joints, bars, etc.)
3. They have antelope all over. I mean all over like cows in Cache Valley.
4. Can you say STURGIS? Sheridan is just over 100 miles from Sturgis and right now is the big Sturgis run. I saw more motorcycle's, tattoo's, and leather than I had in my entire life.
5. Adult Arcades. Yep, they have a place on the freeway that Advertises Adult Arcades on a school bus. WE DID NOT STOP...
6. If you get hit in the nose with a door... YOUR NOSE WILL BLEED.
7. I require a hell of a lot more sleep then Sam.
8. You can read an entire book cover to cover between SLC and Sheridan. (The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch... I recommend it to EVERYONE) I only cried ONCE. whew hard work.
9. Bloody Mary's + soko and 7 + mojito's + soko and 7 + beer = HANGOVER.
10. They still smoke in restaurants in Wyoming. Smoking or non smoking????? Holy Cow.
11. Maverik.. I am officially an expert. How many gallons they sell, how much the stores do, How gas wars work, which bathrooms are clean and are not... etc. etc. etc. WOW.
12. Evanston to Casper Wyoming is... A HELL OF A LONG WAYS... but we managed to work thru it.
13. 105 degrees in Sheridan, Wyoming feels a lot hotter than 95 degrees in Logan, Utah. (I know it is 10 degrees hotter but it felt like 300 degrees hotter)
14. This is Wyoming.. Don't mountains and trees come to mind??? Wyoming? Is there any tree's off of the freeway? Anywhere? (smile)
15. If you are going to be the ONLY woman with 9 men. You better bring your "A" game.
16. There are more bars in Sheridan, Wyoming then I have seen my entire life.
Here are a few pix. of our trip. Thank you to everyone. Had a great time and thank you so much Des and Steve for the BBQ.



Thank you Sammy! Had a great time and I am still not sick of you. Was a very very memorable weekend and it was a riot meeting your "softball family".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a hick from Utah.
This made me laugh

Anonymous said...

why did you not take me with. Sturgis, tattoos, bikes and MEN..

jess said...

lol where the hell have you been? wyoming is way cooler than utah in many many ways...

DEBBIE said...

I know.. you would have thought I would have visited Wyoming a time or two. I had NEVER been that way.. EVER. Just to Jackson and the Park. Yes it was pretty cool in many many ways...

Sammy said...

What a fun trip. It was a total joy traveling with Debbie. Let me add a couple of more lines to her list.
-Mini liquor bottles
-Yes Wyoming still uses the cylindrical, spinning barber shop signs.
-Independence Rock was quickly volunteered to walk on until someone saw how big it was.
-The fresh, cool night air of Wyoming cant be beat after a hot day.
I will leave it at that. There is MUCH more I could add but somethings are better left read between the lines in her blog. lol

Anonymous said...

Im glad you had fun in my lil home sweet home Deb! cant wait to see you guys again!