Monday, August 18, 2008

THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!!!

Yes, I was one of THOSE mothers that cried the first day of Kindergarten with ALL THREE KIDS. I was one of those mothers that followed the school bus to school on the first day just to make sure they were okay.
THINGS CHANGE...
School starts on Wednesday and I have 2 in high school and one in 5th grade. I CAN'T WAIT. FINALLY. I want to do kart wheels on the front lawn when that school bus comes around the corner... I know where the kids are, what they are doing, eating, and who they are with. They are NOT fighting all day with each other and I go home to a clean house. COULD A MOM ASK FOR ANYTHING MORE????? HA..
This weekend was fun. If I was a better mom I would have attached pictures but guess what... I am slacking in the "mother" department today.
Brock had his first football game. He played Kaysville, They won 19 to 13 in OVERTIME. Was very cool.
It was Taylor's Birthday yesterday.. HAPPY 14TH BIRTHDAY TAYLOR!!! We went shopping, we went to our traditional Birthday dinner and yes Sam even got his ice cream.. WHEW!!! We spent Saturday night at Sam's and we had so much fun. Josh, Tay, and Cassidi have so much fun together. They are "typical" brother and sisters, they pick on each other and talk and laugh. It is so much fun watching this new family come together..
Side note!!!! Sam and I have ONE MAJOR PROBLEM with our relationship. It is going to be tough. here goes.
I am a 72 degree girl. I like 72 degrees. Not 73 not 71........................72..... Sam likes a house at OOOH -20... I FREEZE TO DEATH. Picture of the girls FREEZING... lol..
Sam is kicking in some "good" mother karma for me. He sent me these pictures of the weekend.







Left: We have a funny tradition in our house. The night before a birthday we hang balloons all over the house. Just because we were at Sam's I did not want to stop the tradition. Below: Josh said he always wanted to balance a drink on boobs... Well he got his chance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TAYLOR.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TAYLOR.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TAYLOR...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

i sang that out loud as I typed.

Anonymous said...

what a fun blog. Jan MADE me look. first blog I ever looked at. i might be addicted to bloggin now. ohono.. another addiction. it's free unlike drugs and alcohol though so i am good to go!

Anonymous said...

turn up the heat. poor little girls. child services.

i am going to hang baloons on the ceiling of my house for birthdays. what a cute idea.

i want to be debbie when i grow up.

"mother of three, homemaker, and sex appeal coming from every pore"

yep sounds good to me.