Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Who the hell is Jack Johnson?????



Sunday night I got a call from a co worker wanting to know if we wanted free tickets to go see Jack Johnson at the Usana. Debbie sitting next to me in the car listening to this conversation was apparently excited because she said yes to the tickets before I could finish asking..lol Ok... so at that time I had no clue who the hell Jack is so she played some music for me from the iPod. Not too bad... little bit acoustic..... slight hints of country.... hippyish... no wonder Debbie likes him heh.
As a man with near grown kids, sometimes I forget how hard it is for mothers with younger kids to organize rides, plan where kids are staying, meals and plan around work just to get out of town for 1 night. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate Debbie and all she does because just to get to Bountiful to come see me was quite the task.
Anyway.... Debbie finally makes it to Bountiful a little frazzled so I mixed her a big go cup of soco 7 and we fought traffic all the way to the Usana just in time to go pee and see Jack start singing. We found some co workers of mine, Sheldon and Kristin, bought some beers and had a great time. I cant remember the last time I paid 16 dollars for 2 beers but it was good and cold..... we got a little comfortably numb for a while so it was money well spent.
About mid evening we seemed to have ran into some issues. A group of people from either Brazil or Portugal was overtaking our ground and personal space. They were waving flags all over the place, taking pictures, stomping all over our blankets, tripping over people, standing over the top of us with absolute disrespect to everyone around them. This poor girl sitting next to Debbie and I had the look of fear in her eyes. Her boyfriend went to get food for her and all hell broke loose. Debbie was about to unleash the bitch so I said, alright, stood up, had the young girl scoot onto our blanket and I proceeded to get into THEIR space. One backwards step at a time and I was right in the middle of their group making eye contact. As I was rubbing elbows with the guys making my way around they decided they were going to try to sit down right where I was standing.
After a few choice words, some great eye contact and an elbow push from me.... lol... things settled down and they eventually moved somewhere else. Yes... sammy was ready to get into a swing fest with a bunch of foreigners and the funny thing is Debbie wasnt about to stop me...lol she was more pissed than I was.
Now the scarry thing, after things settled down I went to get more beer...imagine that.... but as I walked backwards I said excuse me to 3 fairly large guys standing there as I walked between them..... he said to me " no problem we are on the same team... we got your back" Holy crap!!! we seriously almost got into a gang fight... those guys were watching the whole thing backing me up if trouble started. I swear I felt like I was in high school haha... what a mess.
My last point....... what in the hell happened to general respect. Who in their right mind goes into another foreign country and absolutely disrespects everyone around them, tramples their belongings, and does what ever the hell they please no matter who it hurts or bothers. I am quite disturbed by what happened last night.... not by my reactions but by theirs. I was defending my rights and my space against people from another country that really couldnt care less. Debbie and I were apparently not alone on how we felt.
It seems no matter where we go we have another story to tell... haha... onward to the next one..........

6 comments:

DEBBIE said...

and if you look in the first picture you can see the start of the "brazillian gang".. lol..
Thanks Sammy it was fun.

Anonymous said...

I was at the Jack Johnson concert. Talk about a TON of people

Anonymous said...

I love Usana... you would have been arrested if you would have gotten into a fight.

Sammy said...

Yes that concert was PACKED.... even more so than Journey a few weeks ago.
Al your right... it could have been a disaster and tempers were starting to flare bad. Good thing they left. I do have to give a little credit... the guy that I got heated with came back a half hour after they all left and apologized for his actions. I was still quite disturbed and he didnt say a word about his whole group......

Anonymous said...

OK. I am moving to chicago you guys are going to Sun Valley!!! San Diego!!! Concerts in slc!!! When the hell are you coming to see me?
so then I talk to Debbie and get. I AM SO EXCITED TO STAY HOME THIS WEEKEND AND DO NOTHING. Screw that and come see me.

DEBBIE said...

NOT ON YOUR LIFE.We are doing nothing but staying home and visiting family this weekend.. :-) To much going on lately... Love you Jan.. Miss you